I'm confused about the inability to access part of the archive...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ronstephens, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronstephens

ronstephens Guest

Hi!
    I wanted to reinstall windows on a system. The main user's name is 'Mary'. I proceeded to back up the system. Then I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP, with the same username: Mary. Then I tried to use the archive to restore the data files. The problem I'm having is that everytime I try to access the directory C:\Documents and Settings\Mary, Windows XP complains that I have an access privelege error. Any idea why?? I'm trying to get all the pictures and documents back onto the new system, and I can't! :(
    Thanks!
    -ron

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, ronstephens

Here's an old post about Error Message: "Access Is Denied":- #2

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ronstephens,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you created an image archive with Acronis True Image 8.0 and try to explore it on another computer or in another operating system, you may get Acess denied message upon trying to access a folder or a file.

Please be aware that even if the user account you are currently logged on under and that you created the image archive under have the same name, they still have different IDs, therefore you may not have rights to access certain folders.

Please note that a possible workaround might be becoming NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM on Windows 2000/XP/2003.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. ronstephens

ronstephens Guest

THANKS! This is the ONLY way to do it, since you cannot run the Acronis stuff on the same machine as the archive in SAFE MODE, like the previous person suggested!

Works PERFECTLY. I started Total Commander from the command prompt, and BOOM, I could get at any folder I wanted!
    THANKS!!!!!

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ronstephens,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to solve the problem.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.