i´m afraid of being hacked

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Labrie, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

ill try to explain what has happened to me.

I have received today spam in my email which invites me to participate in a forum...this one:

http://www.chuchadas.cl/foro/

The strange thing was the the message was sent by the foroche.com administrator...which is a forum that i use to go. So i thought that this guy used an email list to promote the other one....so i wrote him complaining about him....I also registered myself in chuchadas.cl to complain about it...yu can see my post in "GENERAL" TOPIC.

..hehe..but what was my surprised when i visited foroche.com -valencia cf forum- that i realized that it was hacked -and still not working right- 2 days ago...and several post in foroche were aiming that some members of Chuchadas.cl hacked in the last day several forums to promote their site....I said omg!! what have i done...coz now my ip address is in chuchadas forum as long as i have registered my account...

You can see foroche hacked here -they are using a provisional format-:

http://boards2.melodysoft.com/app?ID=forolibredeforoche

So my question...am i in risk of being hacked having this security:

-look´n´stop (all ports locked)
    -nod32
    -TH antitrojan (using resident monitor)

Do i need something else? am i too paranoic?

P.s. Vbulletin supports that forum...can i complain to them if somethings happens to my system?

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

As long as you have a decent firewall you should be fine. This inciddent only tells them you exist. All you should expect is maybe a few more attacks on your firewall but as long as your secure you should be fine.

Jimbob

3. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

tx a lot for the reply...but i was worried coz this guys has been able to hacked more than 10 big sites...and im the only compliaining in their forum...lol...im so stupid! so i wonder that if they can hack those kind of sites they should be able to do it with a defenseless user..... :'( ....anyway i hope the security advices that i learn here help me.

:D

4. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

omg...this crazy!!....the administrator of chuchadas forum has made my post STICKY!! And he is showing my ip address to all the hackers!! What can i do? can i change my ip adress?

HELP PLZ.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

have you tried seeing what your IP address is now to see if its the same as the one posted? start>run>cmd> then type in ipconfig

those sites where probably hacked because they werent protecting their passwords, so unless you are running a server you should be OK.

someone with more knowlegde then me will probably come along and tell you more, i just wanted to post because you sound desparate :)

6. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

tx iceny...it is my ip adress..i know for sure...it seems that the admin has call the hackers to hunt me...lol...omg.

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

What type of Internet connection do you have? The majority of people on the Internet have easy to change dynamic IP addresses, though certain types of ISPs maintain the same IP address per customer for extended periods of time. If you fully cycle your connection, there is a fair chance you'll get a new IP address.

8. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

i dont really know...but i´m afraid is static ip...i wish i mistaken...tx for the help..you all are invited to my funeral..lol

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Labrie, why dont you talk to your ISP and tell them you think you have a static address and wont to change it. :)

10. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I would say talk to your ISP and tell them what is going on. I went to the site but it was in spanish and I don't speak spanish that well. :)

11. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

tx friends...but i think it is all a false alarm...sorry im so ashamed :oops: ...the problem is that the admin of the forum use a signature that reflects the ip, os, and browser from the one watching the post...lol...the admin´s name is "el arquitecto"....maybe you can check it out by yourself...even if you are guest shows all that data, but i guess that only can be viewed by the ip owner...a really tricky stuff...anyway sorry for the annoyance....

12. notageek

At least you came here for help. I seen them on a few boards. My wife had the same reaction you did when she saw her IP on a forum. Like I said before it's in spanish and I'm not good in spanish but I'll check it out.

13. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

hehehe...pheww...i feel free now...yu have to understand the circumstances:

-this guys hacked foroche.com yesterday
    -i was the only one complaining....no member foroche has dare to surf the site
    -the admin had made my complaining post sticky..then he turned the sticky thing off.
    -he calls for his hackers friends to write about it in the post
    -my ip there -lol-

Well now it really seems a pathetic tragic-comic situation hehehe

14. notageek

It worked out good for you. I'm glad everything is alright now.

15. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Don't be silly, it is no annoyance at all.

We,ve had a few of those ip thingys show up here that were promptly removed. ;)

Happy to see u are at ease now. :)

snowbound

16. Arquitecto

Arquitecto Guest

I'm one of the admin's of chuchadas.cl ("El Arquitecto"). You dont need to worry, the hackers are just users of our forum (not friends). I've made your post sticky because a lot of people where complaining about their sites hacked, and i've posted our opinion of that in your post.

Bye,

17. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Don't suppose you would supply a little more info, this is interesting.

~snipped rest~ - LWM

Jimbob

18. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.