IIS & Imon -> Problem on localhost-connections

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Whissi, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whissi

Whissi Registered Member

Hello,

I am trying to run "IIS 5.1" on a XP Pro machine, which is protected through NOD32 v2.51.26.

Everything works fine, If I access the IIS server through my external IP (the machine is behind a router, the router is attached to the internet).

If I try to connect on "http://localhost", the browser process will hang up.
    If I unload "Imon"-modul, I can connect on localhost.

I also tried to exclude "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe" without any changes.

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Do you mean with IMON appearing grey, not red and then after rebooting?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  3. Whissi

Whissi Registered Member

Well, I didn't reboot my machine. I only unload the IMON modul (NOD32 CP -> Threat Protection Modules -> IMON -> Quit).

After unloading the modul, I restarted my applications (IIS services, IE) and everything works fine.

I loaded the IMON modul again, restarted my applications (IIS services, IE) and IE would hang (cpu load -> 100%), If I try to connect on http://localhost (which will load, If IMON is unloaded).

So I am asking, If it isn't enough to exclude "c:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe", what should I also exclude from IMON protection?

Edit1:
    It is exactly the same problem like this one.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Honestly I'm not 100% certain and not able to try and duplicate this myself at the present moment, but I think that the issue you are experiencing may be to do with the way IMON handles traffic - very much related to the reason that IMON is not recomended to be installed on a server operating system and yet there are those that report with enough configuration they can use IMON....but I could easily be mistaken about these things being related, and I haven't heard any report of people trying to connect back to localhost, if that works or not.
    No doubt others will be able to advise you further ....anyone?

Cheers :)

5. Whissi

Whissi Registered Member

I know, that it isn't recommend to use IMON on a server operating system (and I know why - I killed an w2k3 ads with imon...), but I am just running XP prof - a desktop system.

I could use apache - well, I would exclude apache.exe and everything works fine... but I need to use IIS :)
    So, I think it isn't a acceptable way to shutdown IMON....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.