IIS & Imon -> Problem on localhost-connections

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Whissi, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whissi

Whissi Registered Member

Hello,

I am trying to run "IIS 5.1" on a XP Pro machine, which is protected through NOD32 v2.51.26.

Everything works fine, If I access the IIS server through my external IP (the machine is behind a router, the router is attached to the internet).

If I try to connect on "http://localhost", the browser process will hang up.
    If I unload "Imon"-modul, I can connect on localhost.

I also tried to exclude "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe" without any changes.

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Do you mean with IMON appearing grey, not red and then after rebooting?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  3. Whissi

Whissi Registered Member

Well, I didn't reboot my machine. I only unload the IMON modul (NOD32 CP -> Threat Protection Modules -> IMON -> Quit).

After unloading the modul, I restarted my applications (IIS services, IE) and everything works fine.

I loaded the IMON modul again, restarted my applications (IIS services, IE) and IE would hang (cpu load -> 100%), If I try to connect on http://localhost (which will load, If IMON is unloaded).

So I am asking, If it isn't enough to exclude "c:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe", what should I also exclude from IMON protection?

Edit1:
    It is exactly the same problem like this one.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Honestly I'm not 100% certain and not able to try and duplicate this myself at the present moment, but I think that the issue you are experiencing may be to do with the way IMON handles traffic - very much related to the reason that IMON is not recomended to be installed on a server operating system and yet there are those that report with enough configuration they can use IMON....but I could easily be mistaken about these things being related, and I haven't heard any report of people trying to connect back to localhost, if that works or not.
    No doubt others will be able to advise you further ....anyone?

Cheers :)

5. Whissi

Whissi Registered Member

I know, that it isn't recommend to use IMON on a server operating system (and I know why - I killed an w2k3 ads with imon...), but I am just running XP prof - a desktop system.

I could use apache - well, I would exclude apache.exe and everything works fine... but I need to use IIS :)
    So, I think it isn't a acceptable way to shutdown IMON....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.