If Your Privacy Tool Doesn’t Break the Web, It’s Not Trying Hard Enough (blog post)

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by MrBrian, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Sometimes it is actually hard to find out, what is causing the problem, so I have to put the webpage to trusted or even to disable Ghostery completely. Before I did not even know, what was the problem, since there was no notification, when a webpage was not working in my browser, so I had to access it by using a portable version.

3. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

I recall seeing Ghostery show a popup list of the *names* of trackers that were detected while loading the page, and having a control panel that also displayed such names. I can't remember... is there a way to get detailed information about the specific items/requests that were matched and how they were handled?

Here I'm thinking about something like Adblock Plus's "Open blockable items" feature which lists the ignored, blocked, and whitelisted items/requests plus the filter rules that were matched to cause the blocking or whitelisting.

There are those times when you have to carefully analyze what the site and scripts are doing (to avoid simple trial and error that is), but there are also those times where just glancing at the specific elements and URLs blocked gives you adequate feel for what will be "safe" to block and what will be "problematic" to block.

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Yes. In Advanced options, check checkbox "Reveal tracker source URL lists by default (in the findings panel)" then click Save button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.