If Nod32 is better than Symantec Antivirus Corporated edition???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by aacm, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aacm

aacm Registered Member

Hi I thinking to buy NOD32 and take out my Symantec corporated edition. I hear a lot of good comments and results with NOD32. I just want to know what is the different between these two. Not which is better well !!. Which one is more appropiated to use...

THanks... :)

2. aacm

aacm Registered Member

Well I don't know if is Ok to ask here in this forum. with the respect of the members...

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Symantec is a known resources hog (CPU, Memory, Disk, Registry), have a lot of incompatibilities, its configurations isn't so good, but also have a very good detection rate...

I think you already know my answer... ;)

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

5. aacm

aacm Registered Member

Thanks gentlemen I appreciated your opinion and Yes I am not paying for updates or things like that.. Thanks for responde so quickly,,, I love this forum we work as a team.. great thanks again I will take your suggestions ...

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    As a longtime user of Symantec CE/SBE over the years for all my business network clients, last spring I began using NOD32 Ent Edition, and slowly began selling it more and more over Symantec CE. When Symantec came out with version 10.0, I stopped selling it, and went 100% NOD32 Ent Edition. As my clients currently using Symantec CE have their licenses expire, I'm replacing it with NOD32.

For the past year, malware threats such as adware/spyware and the such, have become much more common threats than the plain old viruses of years ago, and I feel NOD32 is stronger in this area.

Another reason, Symantec CE got insanely bloated with version 10, which if you wanted strong adware/spyware protection, you needed to upgrade to from prior versions. Something like 140 megs for the sum of all processes. Simply put, even modest horsepower machines feel like a Cyrix 166+ with 32 megs of RAM. NOD32 is one of the lighter AV apps around, weighing in under 20 megs, you machines does not slow down all that much with it.

The management console of Enterprise Edition/Remote Admin for NOD32, while at first more complicated than Symantecs MMC, is very robust. Once you learn it, you'll probably find it more useful.

7. aacm

aacm Registered Member

Well, YeOldeStonecat ,you really made everyone think about symantec CE. Yes you are right. However, it was great how you explained it in detail. Thank you for your help and for the information. I will switch tonight to NOD32 and will use for the trial period. I found this comparative http://www.av-comparatives.org made in May 2005. Thanks again.

8. aacm

aacm Registered Member

I love NOD32 and I want to say thank all of you for this recommendation I already have 5 clients with this antivirus. They love itttt :D and I do too !!! :D

9. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

superior interface!

10. JustAme

JustAme Guest

Yóu have tested Symantec Corporate AV? Thats odd. It is very low on resource usage.

Cheers,

JustAme

11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

SAVCE was very light until version 10. it does however offer great symantec detection rates (i dont think it scans archives in realtime tho) without the candy-coated gui of its Norton counterpart. anyways as for differences, nod32 has an http scanner, more configurable options and better heuristics with less FPs. my choice: nod32.

12. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I still agree with my first post many moons ago :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.