iexplore invalid page fault rpcrt4.dll - imon problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by craigstewart, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigstewart

craigstewart Guest

Hi,
    When i close iexplore on windows 98 I get an iexplore caused and invalid page fault in rpcrt4.dll.
    If I disable Imon and reboot the problem does not occur.
    This took me a while to narrow down and I have tried every other suggestion on the net for fixing the problem.
    It has to be something with Imon or the way it is registered to cause this problem.
    Can anyone suggest a fix because I really want inline mail scanning to work.

thanks,

Craig.

2. Buster

Buster Registered Member

Hi Craig,

Eset is aware of problems on some pcs running Win98SE in regards to Imon. Refer to this thread: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=13572

A fix is being worked on as we speak. Hopefully it will be incorporated into the next program update. For the time being, AMON will prevent you opening any email attachments infected with a virus. :D

Regards

Buster

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Gee! Another reason to avoid using IMON. I have W98SE and chose to not install IMON. I have no problems. I am a happy camper because many av cause you great grief if you try to not install and use the email monitor. An email monitor is totally unnecessary. Thank goodness Eset realizes that and doesn't require an install of IMON. I far prefer to allow any infected attachments into my mailbox. I always scan all attachments via command line advanced heuristics anyhow so why anyone wants to use IMON is something I don't understand. :) I never, ever open any attachment that has not been first saved to the hard drive and then scanned via command line. I avoid a lot of grief by not using IMON.

Only thing that concerns me is that I suppose I am getting any upgrades regarding IMON even though I do not have it installed. At least that was the case when I used PC-Cillin and I left them partly because of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.