iexplore.exe will not close

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Jackson256, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackson256

Jackson256 Registered Member

Hello! This is my first post on this forum, Seems like there are a lot of great people here! I could not find anyone with a totally similar issue while searching, so I am sorry if this has been addressed already...

I have a user, a very important user :), who's computer will not terminate iexplore.exe when she closes a browser window. It just hangs out in Task Manager. Eventually, with the way this goon uses IE, she stacks up like 30 instances of iexplore.exe and gets an out of memory error. I have upgraded from IE 6 to IE 7,(including the malicious software removal tool) scanned with Malware Bytes, Spybot, and Ad-Aware, and I have nothing...Computer is running Computer Associates E-trust AV.

Maybe.. it is not a virus? Seems so Virusish, Included is a Hijack this log as well... Guess I am just looking for anyone that has experienced the same issue, or see's something stand out in the Hijack this log. Thanks Everyone! (The PSEXEC and VNC are all me)

~Log removed. Please see our Policy for suggestions.~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.