IEv6 - HTML forms not allowed?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by AplusWebMaster, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

o_O OK, I give up...which security setting causes this error to pop up when entering data in a search field (see image below)o_O

Attached Files:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

For whatever security zone the site is in, it's this one. Just change it to either Prompt or Enabled. (It's just the ability to fill in the blanks on an normal webpage.)

Attached Files:

3. AplusWebMaster

o_O Nope (see attached)...I'm wondering if my security paranoia got me into this mess; SpybotS&D Immunize or what? But here are my settings for the "Internet Zone", as now set:

Attached Files:

4. LowWaterMark

Well, does this happen at every site that you "fill in a blank" (such as a search field) or does it only happen on some? When did it start happening and what did you do before it started (did you run any tweaks?) Did you check all zones for the same setting?

5. AplusWebMaster

:( Well, I wish I -could- recall (getting a bit "grey" around the temples, now) exactly when this began...
    No, not -all-, but I -think- they are all in the "Internet Zone" (I'll start paying closer attention to that). Two example sites where I get this message when "filling in the blanks" are:
    - http://www.dogpile.com/ -and-
    - http://news.myway.com/index/id/national|ap.html
    Which ones (like in, give me a few examples) besides the "Immunize" in SpybotS&D?
    Yep, and they are all the same as in the previous post, except for the "Restriced Sites", where they are disabled...

...Yep, this is weird all right (Methinks I hear head scratching, or is that just me?)

6. LowWaterMark

Well, how about Google.com?

I just tried the two links above and the first ended up at a site that IE-SpyAd places in the Restricted zone (when you hit "search" it goes to "clickit.go2net.com" which is restricted). The second I couldn't get to resolve yet because it's got a lot of javascript and such that isn't enabled by default in my Internet Zone. It may ultimately point to a restricted site, as well. I'll have to read the webpage's source code to see.

If you don't get this error at Google and Google is in the Internet Zone (if you haven't added it elsewhere) it may still be the above setting, just in the Restricted zone. Try setting the Restricted Zone's copy of this setting to "prompt" and retry the above sites.

Edit: No, I can't get to the second site either... A few *.myway.com sites are in IE-SpyAd and in Hpguru's ad protection Hosts file as well. I still think that it's the IE setting above but it is being hit at sites that are in your restricted zone list, perhaps added by some product you installed recently. As noted above, I advise you to set it to prompt in the Restricted Zone and retest those sites.

7. AplusWebMaster

;) That's the one! Changing the "Restricted Sites" to "prompt" allowed access...but now I can see why it was set that way...

Once I gained access to www.dogpile.com , I did a search on my website, and was appalled to find that my profile from security-forums.com had been "harvested" (probably by a "robot" crawler) and listed in the search results! Dag nab it! Arrgghh! (OK, end of rant).

"Guess I'll put those settings right back where they were, as they were set that way for apparent good reason. Now I know why.

Best regards and many thanks LowWaterMark!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.