IEspyad and SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Robyn, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have IEspyad merged into the registry, I have just updated IEspyad tonight and discovered I had to run SpywareBlaster v3 again as some of the protection was removed after re-merging IEspyads lsit o_O

Is this a conflict with the programs and am I still as safe running both of them despite the fact one removed the protection I have since re-enabled? :'(

2. Erik Ayala

Erik Ayala Guest

Hi, Robyn. I had the same problem with Spybot and Spyware Blaster. My guess is that reinstalling or modifying one program can remove the kill-bits it can set into the registry. I also reenabled all protections and I haven't had a problem since. As for compatibility I have not heard of Spyad. I hope somebody else can answer your question there.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Looks like a database issue to me - no more, no less. Let's see if we can pont the IESpyad developer to this thread. In the meanwhile, I'd recommend enabling all protections.

regards.

paul

4. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

Hi:

This is a known issue with SWB 3.0 and IE-SPYAD. The short story is that IE-SPYAD removes some invalid entries that SWB 3.0 sets and replaces them with valid ones. See this thread over at DSLR for a more complete description of what's going on:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9833441~mode=flat

Javacool is undoubtedly working on an update that will fix this.

Best,

Eric L. Howes

URL tags added to the link - paul

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Eric,

Thanks for attending this fast - much obliged!

regards.

paul

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Yep - this is indeed something that will be fixed for SpywareBlaster 3.1.

So no worries. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Sorry about only getting back now but posted this just before I had to shut down my computer for the night! Thanks for the links and the re-assurrance that I am still protected even though I re-enable SWB after IE Spyad - I will continue to use both now, I was alarmed when I noticed the 'unprotected' item re-listed (thought something had attacked the program on me :oops: )
    Thanks again to everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.