IEspyad and SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Robyn, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have IEspyad merged into the registry, I have just updated IEspyad tonight and discovered I had to run SpywareBlaster v3 again as some of the protection was removed after re-merging IEspyads lsit o_O

Is this a conflict with the programs and am I still as safe running both of them despite the fact one removed the protection I have since re-enabled? :'(

2. Erik Ayala

Erik Ayala Guest

Hi, Robyn. I had the same problem with Spybot and Spyware Blaster. My guess is that reinstalling or modifying one program can remove the kill-bits it can set into the registry. I also reenabled all protections and I haven't had a problem since. As for compatibility I have not heard of Spyad. I hope somebody else can answer your question there.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Looks like a database issue to me - no more, no less. Let's see if we can pont the IESpyad developer to this thread. In the meanwhile, I'd recommend enabling all protections.

regards.

paul

4. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

Hi:

This is a known issue with SWB 3.0 and IE-SPYAD. The short story is that IE-SPYAD removes some invalid entries that SWB 3.0 sets and replaces them with valid ones. See this thread over at DSLR for a more complete description of what's going on:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9833441~mode=flat

Javacool is undoubtedly working on an update that will fix this.

Best,

Eric L. Howes

URL tags added to the link - paul

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Eric,

Thanks for attending this fast - much obliged!

regards.

paul

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Yep - this is indeed something that will be fixed for SpywareBlaster 3.1.

So no worries. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Sorry about only getting back now but posted this just before I had to shut down my computer for the night! Thanks for the links and the re-assurrance that I am still protected even though I re-enable SWB after IE Spyad - I will continue to use both now, I was alarmed when I noticed the 'unprotected' item re-listed (thought something had attacked the program on me :oops: )
    Thanks again to everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.