IE's MD5 checksum & SP2

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by iceni60, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i just installed SP2 from disk :D . after the install i was going to go to windowsupdate, but when i started IE, kerio told me the file had changed, the update installed a BHO i think(popup blocker?). i wanted to check that the checksum change was the update. i havent used IE since i last went to windowsupdate and the file was fine then. was the alert probably the update? thanks. :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

do you know if there are any updates that i need if i installed from disk? and if there are, where i can get them, thanks.

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I just got SP2 installed (CD arrived today), and checked Win Update just about first thing afterwards. Nothing there. Admittedly I had all SP1 criticals right up to date, so that probably made a big difference.

There may be other stuff available, but I'll wait till it gets to Win Update.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, MikeBCda :) . i was up-to-date before the install, so i suppose im ok for the time being. thanks for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.