IE9 PP7, a browser faster than all competition, actually made by MS!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by elapsed, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

This is the first version of the IE9 javascript engine to actually beat current competition, possibly the first ever browser released by Microsoft to do that, anyone else think the world will implode soon?

Interesting note, performance has increased by 345% since the first IE9 platform preview.

Dean_PPB7.png

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/...latform-preview-available-for-developers.aspx

2. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

Yeah, not too bad. Like you said though, it is just javascript. Google wins at other things, etc.
    More important to me is the fact that they're on record as being open to HSTS, but don't have any concrete plans to include the functionality soon.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20022889-245.html

Just trying to say that, at least for me, speed (even if it were in every area) isn't everything. I apologize for straying a bit off-topic.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  3. elapsed

I don't think you went off-topic, I don't think anyone here thinks IE9 is perfect. (hint hint, spell checker already Microsoft? Jeez) But they are making some great progress especially since the first IE9 PP.

I'm hoping this trend continues into an IE10 and 11, not just letting IE9 rot for 3 years. The fact that they mention they create internal builds more than once a day is nice to hear, it means they are very actively developing it to justify that. I also agree with the blogger (like I mentioned in my thread of IE9 PP6) that this test has now become redundant since all browsers score near enough the same, it's time to compete on other levels, as this level is finished.

4. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

I made Sunspider run with this build and Opera 11:
    Opera is finished after 254.2ms using mostly 42-46% CPU and this IE9 version is finished after 254.5ms using 56-60% CPU. Nice work IE9.
    Btw Chrome 9 Dev needs 301.4ms with 64-66% CPU.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  5. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

Quoted for truth.

Chrome could scream by at a believable 22.6ms with 6-7% CPU and I wouldn't care.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Just tested for fun.
    IE 9 Beta (9.0.7930.16406) 520.1ms
    Google Chrome V9.0.576 401.3ms

7. elapsed

I don't think you read my post, my post title, or the blog.

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I know it's not the Plattaform Preview 7, but i was just saying what i found O_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.