IE8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I posted this question on the Windows BBS 2 days ago and never received any replies so I thought I would try here.

My computer is an AMD Athlon Processor 3500+, Operating system is Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, Browser is Internet Explorer 8.

When I go to the Command Bar; View, Toolbars, and select Snagit the Snagit icon appears to the right of the Command Bar. Using this method I have selected WOT and it also appears to the right of the Command Bar. That is what I would like to see each and every time I enter the browser.

My problem is when I exit the browser and later enter it again the Snagit icon is gone. Wot is still there but everything I have tried to do to make the Snagit icon stay there has failed. Does anyone have any idea what is causing the Snagit icon to disappear? And of course the check mark next to Snagit in Toolbars has disappeared also.

Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions that will allow me to have the Snagit icon stay there permanently?

I will appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

do you have to reinstall snagit to get the icon back? if you leave wot off leaving only snagit does it stay there? is Lock the toolbars selected and what other toolbars are on?

3. jpcummins

Cudni

Thanks for the reply. No, I do not have to reinstall SnagIt to get the icon to reappear. Good thing as it is a program I got from Giveaway Of The Day. I have disabled WOT and only had SnagIt but the problem does not go away. I have tried with and without locking the toolbars. Doesn't make any difference at all. The other toolbars I have is the Menu Bar, Command Bar, WOT and of course SnagIt.

The other toolbars all remain checked. Only the check mark for SnagIt and the Snagit icon disappears.

I may have to live with going into the toolbars and checking SnagIt whenever I want to use it. Again, thanks.

John

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

try reset button (under customise toolbar), just in case

5. jpcummins

No luck, nothing worked.

Thought I would try one more time before giving up. Anyone have any other ideas?

John

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.