IE8 Security Update Fixes Restricted Site Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by siliconman01, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

The IE8 accumulative security update issued today (09-Jun-09) appears to have fixed the IE8 LCIE problem with 1000s of restricted sites...as provided by SpywareBlaster. IE8 responds normally now on my Vista SP2 x64 and on XP-SP3 x86 systems with all the Restricted Sites activated by SpywareBlaster.

2. Solemn

Solemn Registered Member

Good news to hear indeed!

Can anyone else confirm this with some testing? Just to make sure considering how volatile IE8 is (/was?).

3. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

confirm,Ie8 now works great with spywareblaster
    WIn XP home

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Yes, I also confirm it. About time, I must say. :D

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Yes indeed - the latest IE8 cumulative update (KB969897) seems to fix this bug. :)

From a comment by EricLaw (from Microsoft) on the IEBlog:
    Kudos to the IE team for fixing this issue (and releasing the fix to everyone in a timely manner). :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. m00nbl00d

Unfortunately, not entirely solved.

I tested it with SpywareBlaster and Spybot's immunizations, and everytime I open a new tab, appears an error saying that IE closed, and a DEP baloon appears....

The funny thing? IE doesn't close! :D

7. Solemn

Solemn Registered Member

Hmmm, after all these weeks I still haven't made the upgrade due to things that other people have encountered with IE8 and immunizations (such as what moonblood referred to). Can anyone confirm similar situations or success stories after this update Microsoft gave? I'd love to keep using Spywareblaster for IE8 but if it becomes necessary to preserve performance and stability I will probably have to chuck it despite my reluctance to.

8. m00nbl00d

In this system I'm running right now, I still haven't witness any problems with IE. And, I also haven't witnessed that much DEP (DEP fake problems? lol) problems with IE 8 in the other system.

I guess it will depend from system to system. Give it a try. If any problem happens, all you have to do, is to uninstall it. You won't know, unless you try.

9. Solemn

Solemn Registered Member

Well said, I think I'll give it a try as my another computer I've updated with Vista and IE8 + Spywareblaster doesn't seem to have any noticeable problems just yet. Any more feedback on this issue would be great though!

10. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I've done numerous tests with the latest IE8 update, and it does seem to solve the problem completely. :)

I suspect that the IE8 DEP crashes mentioned above are caused by something completely different - the likely culprit being an extension (BHO, toolbar, etc.) or some third-party program that does IE/system-level hooking.

Best regards,

-Javacool

11. Solemn

Solemn Registered Member

Thanks for the official reply on the situation! This pretty much cements it in for me and I'll do that update to IE8 and SP2 (finally). Definitely glad to keep Spywareblaster on without any performance issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.