IE7 Zone Settings Keep Changing From Default To Custom

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dustyn, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustyn

Dustyn Registered Member

Why is that each and every time I execute SpywareBlaster it changes the DEFAULT zone settings in Internet Explorer 7? I don't like how it touches this setting modifying it to display "CUSTOM SETTINGS" have been selected. I keep manually restting this back to FACTORY DEFAULTS after using SpywareBlaster.

Is this a bug or normal by design?
    If this is normal, can it be changed so that it stops changing Internet Explorers default Zone level settings? Note that Spybot Search and Destrory does not modify the default zone level settings.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

If you're referring to the Internet Explorer Restricted Sites zone, this is by design.

Although IE just displays the zone security level as "Custom", SpywareBlaster actually sets it to a more secure level than the default of "High" (by tightening the restrictions on a few additional settings).

So even though it says Custom, it's actually more secure than the default. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Dustyn

Dustyn Registered Member

I attached a screenshot of what I mean.
    Notice in the first picture what happens after immunization?
    The "RESET ALL ZONES TO DEFALT LEVEL" is being activated. Is this normal?
    It's changing something that isn't the default IE7 setting. I can however and have been reseting this option "RESET ALL ZONES TO DEFAULT LEVEL" after updating Spyware Blaster and it looks like it should again by default in the second pic. However, after downloading NEW immunization updates for Spyware Blaster, or even by simply LAUNCHING Spyware Blaster it modifies this option again and again... What is it that's doing this?

Can you reproduce this on your end? And if indeed it should be left to CUSTOM after immunization.... I will leave it as CUSTOM. It just doesn't look as secure?
    Spybot Search and Destroy does not touch or modify IE7 ""RESET ALL ZONES TO DEAFULT LEVEL" option.
    Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.