IE7 & Magic

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago I started having problems with IE7, certain web sites would crash the browser; like techsmith.c o m, jefflevy.c o m, and many others. They all crashed IE7. Okay! I tried safe mode with networking, new user account, sfc scannow, reinstall SP2, re-register a bunch of dll's, uninstall reinstall IE7 all failed to stop the sites from crashing my browser. Also with IE7 off the machine & IE6 active, IE6 would crash, all the same sites IE7 crashed. Next I used my last free phone call to M$ no help & much frustration!
    So I make FF my main browser, start getting used to it, & figure I'll use IE only when I have to. Well here at Wilders I stumble across the thread, regarding Secunia software inspector. I run the scan & it finds flashplayer at risk. So I uninstall flashplayer install the latest. Next just five minutes ago, level two support from M$ calls, and asks, if i have the latest flashplayer. I tell the tech., I just did that yesterday, but have not tried any of the sights that crash IE7, as I'm using FF. He asks me to try the crasher sights. And low & behold they all work. A true Christmas miracle, with a little (allot) of help from Wilders.

Take Care & Merry Christmas
    Rico

2. mikechen

mikechen Lurker

I don't like IE7, too many problems with IE7, firefox and slim browser is a better choice

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

IE7 runs as smooth as silk for me. :cool:

4. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

You are lucky, here's IE7 don't seems to be able to install and I also received no error message except a url link on my desktop that doesn't work...

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

To be fair my problem with IE7 was most likely caused by Acronis. Re-installing an image onto a new HDD, caused this and many ,more problems. So Acronis image restore corrupted flashplayee, which in turn gave IE7 indigestion.

Take Care
    Rico

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

also no problems whatsoever with IE7, great browser.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Funny you should mention the new version of Flashplayer. The first time I booted up yesterday, a dialog box appeared on my desktop saying "the new version of Flashplayer is available, click to install".

8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Some of the addons that software installs intoi IE7can cause problems,such as third party toolbars. To fix this go to tools/manage addon, and you can see the addons installed and enable or disable them from there, this should fix the problem :)

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Legendkiller - so we don't take this thread off-topic, I've moved your ad-muncher question over into the Software & Services forum, along with re-titling it. You can find your new thread here: IE7 and alternative to ad-muncher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.