IE7 hangs on close

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by xxJackxx, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

After uninstalling this beta I discovered that it was the cause of IE7 hanging when I exit it. It causes it to take anywhere from 3 to 20 seconds to close. This is on both Vista 32 and 64 bit. Without it installed IE7 closes instantly. I hope it can be fixed as I will most likely end up reinstalling this beta, as it is still one of the best products going right now, even in its beta form. ;)

As a follow up, I decided to try the 684 build of version 3 and it is very fast and does not have this problem. I will probably stick with it until the next beta.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Does this occur if you start Internet Explorer in "safe mode" by selecting Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) from the Start Orb?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. xxJackxx

No it does not. It seems to be the Weather Channel toolbar that causes this. However, when I have ESS v3 installed it does not have this problem.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to confirm, that is the Weather Channel Toolbar for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 available for download from http://www.weather.com/services/ie7.html, correct?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. xxJackxx

Yes, that is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.