IE7 good but takes some getting use to

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mercurie, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    So what do you think?

I have only had the new IE7 a short while, but it takes some getting use to.

I have had to use task manager to shut it down twice due to "not responding " hangs. This occurs when attempting to use the favorites it will not list until you click the arrow and then all of them fly up into the tool bar for quick reference I guess, and so many they hang up. Also some are old and don't work any more and I think it throws IE7 for a loop. o_O

Also, I would advise if that is the only browser you use to get another one before making the upgrade if something blows up in IE you have another alternative choice while repairing 7 or going back to 6.

How about resource useage anyone note more efficeint use of ram? After closing program does it free it back up better, or hold on to it like so many times happens? Way to many questions I guess for such a short release time.:D

Look forward to useful information that will benefit us all. Thanks. ;)

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It does take some getting use to :cautious: . Lucky I dont use it as my default browser.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

does it render pages faster? can anyone with firefox and ietab share their experience?

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I am still trying to understand how IE 7 is any safer than IE 6. Looks to me that if you are an average user, you are still only a click or two away from an ActiveX disaster. Yes, the phishing filter is in place and from what I read, it does work (which is apparently more than I see about Firefox's version in 2.0.) But the phishing filter is only a warning, yes? It won't keep you from being infected if you make a dumb/wrong move.

I just don't see any reason to switch from Firefox. I still believe that for the typical user, it's safer...

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

IE7's default settings are considered to be safer for a begginer than IE6's default settings.
    IE6 wanted to make the browsing easy for common users, the result is much mallware in IE.

Note: I can not compare it, I have not used IE6 since July 2005, so I do not quite remember.

6. tayres

tayres Guest

Using Vista RC1 here on a Celeron-based CPU that is 2 years old. Firefox (1.5.0.7) usually takes a little longer to load initially, but almost always renders pages faster than IE7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.