IE6 on home PC not displaying all gifs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Fishhawk, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishhawk

Fishhawk Registered Member

So my web partner creates gifs in photoshop, loads them onto our server, and for some reason I am unable to see the gifs when I try to view them in IE6 on my home PC. I can see them at work. Everyone else can see them.

Get this - the whole planet can see these gifs. If they sit on a web page, everyone can see them but me. I can even review the source code and believe it or not, I see no evidence what-so-ever of that gif in the source code. Very spooky. I'll demonstrate the point... here's the last gif loaded to our server that I cannnot see in IE6 on my PC.

http://www.fish-hawk.net/Advertising/pathfinder/pathfinder.gif

Evryone can see that right? Not me! That gif for Petire ISland is not visible when I preview this thread. And it won't be there after I submit the thread.

Weird or what? Some of these gifs will have hyperlinks on them. Not on my PC. Not only will I not see the gif but there will be no evidence of a corresponding hyperlink either.

If the gif in question is on my hardrive I can view it with a browser no problem. The problem appears to be only when the gif is on our own web server. But I would never know if it happens to other gifs on other websites, because I would never know if there as supposed to be a gif there or not.

Help me I am losing my mind? :rolleyes:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, there's all kinds of software that is capable of filtering content out of webpages that you are viewing. Software firewalls, proxy packages, various privacy software and even popup killers. Then there are the settings in IE itself on your system.

You may want to discuss what other filtering and blocking software you are running. Also, to see if it is just an IE issue and not a PC issue, try downloading an alternate browser, if only to do a quick test to see if that browser can see the images. If it can, then most likely it's just IE settings. If it can't, then maybe there is some filtering or blocking going on that this might turn up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.