IE10 on Windows 7 and TPL not working

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RedBullGaveMeWings, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedBullGaveMeWings

RedBullGaveMeWings Registered Member

Good afternoon,

First of all, let me introduce as I've just signed up. My name's Marco and I'm from Italy. Student pilot soon-to-be commercial pilot - hopefully!:rolleyes:

Right, as the title says I am having issues with IE10 on Windows 7 64bit. I've downloaded Easylist, Easylist Italy and Fanboy TPLs but none of them work. They used to work without any hassle on IE9, but since I switched to IE10 they stopped working at all. Of course I tried deleting and adding them again but the result is negative.
    I don't really like Simple Adblock as it doesn't block all the ads especially on YouTube and other sites.

I'd also like to stay on the freeware side though I heard good things about Ad Muncher - does it do the same great job that AdBlock Plus does on Chrome, Firefox and Opera?

How do I solve my problem with TPL lists on IE10?

Thanks!

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Are you using any addons in IE? (Some specific addons have been known to completely break TPLs in the past).

Try launching "Internet Explorer (without addons)" from the accessories menu.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I don't know how to fix it, but as a last resort you can easy revert back to IE9. Personally I don't see any advantage of using IE10 on Windows 7 that makes it worth the problems it sometimes causes.

Good luck with commercial piloting. I entertained that idea at one point, but I was already too old when I started flying. Which aircraft are you qualified on?

5. RedBullGaveMeWings

RedBullGaveMeWings Registered Member

I am currently reading he threads that have been linked and I will see if I can fix the problem. I'll let you know.

@Vicktek123, I am currently a student pilot working on my PPL and it will be a Cessna 172, later on I will fly on a PA28 which is a complex single engine and then a Piper Seneca for the ME qualification.
    After training I'll try my best to move on bigger aircraft or jets by doing aerial work, parachute dropping and instructing. Not a fanatic of P2F at all (if you know what I mean):argh:

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

7. anon

anon Registered Member

Since April:
    "The bug is described in KB2833084 and was apparently fixed by the April 2013 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 10."
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2222493&postcount=136

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.