ie still alive after ieradication ??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

i was setting up my lil bros pc after it came back after being retrofitted and i did a clean install with 98 lite and didnt install ie coz i only want the basics coz its not geting conected to the net so net apps arnt needed however much to my surprise ie is still there i acidentley hit the windows update tab when i was cleaning and up poped ie so i ran ieradicator thinking that mabe some of it got installed with somthin eles then hit windows update button after reboot again and up poped ie what gives how can ie still be funtioning on my bros comp even after i have run ieradicator o_O

2. sig

sig Registered Member

Perhaps this info linked from the LitePC knowledge base might help?

http://www.litepc.com/support/kb.cgi?view=48&lang=en

As I recall I think IERadicator currently does not remove all of IE, some bits are left to retain other functionalities and perhaps Windows Update also? (Don't yet know from first hand experience myself.) I do recall that for awhile they had two IEradicator versions, one that removed more but now there is only one version on site.

3. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi Bethrezen...

Litepc's 98Lite4.5Free is much more accomplished than Litepc's IEradicator...

A must-have freeware for W98(SE) users... You won't believe your eyes.

http://www.litepc.com/prev_lic.html

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

4. Bethrezen

hi Crockett

actualy yeah i would coz im already using 4.7 full version

sig i didnt use ieradicator

i said i did a clean install with 98lite 4.7 and didnt install ie so there for ie shouldnt be funtioning and then i ran ieradicator aftre which removes excatley the same files as 98 lite does

yeah i know the difrence between the 2 is the old one removed the shell intergration along with ie but the current one dosn't the current one only removes ie

yeah i know however even though ie shouldnt still be working coz the main explorer.exe is gone not to be confused with windows explorer i should just get some error message about files beeing missing coz its been removed but i dont ie is still operationalial and i just wanna know how thats possable

5. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi ;)

Still on 4.6 Full... Any significant change or improvement to 4.7 ? Should I update ?!

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

6. Bethrezen

hi

here is the release notes for 4.7

98lite 4.7 Professional and Enterprise
    [4-JUN-2003]"

- New installer key issued.
    - Fixed ability to read .CHM files without IE and full PC Health centre install
    - Windows ME PC Help Centre is now fully add/removable and working
    - Fixed bug preventing WBEM files from (de)registering
    - Improved Windows MediaPlayer 7 install
    - Added MS XML Support to optional features
    - Updated DirectX remover for DirectX9.0a (notes on Dx9 install in knowledge base
    - Updates for IE 6 SP1
    - WindowsUpdate fix for Win98 Original
    - minor documentation revisions

well i guess thats a matter of personal prefrence i beleave the you should keep your software upto date so i updated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.