ie-spyad/spywareguide blocklist question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by harrypalms, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrypalms

harrypalms Guest

1.If installed,where in the registry is spywareguide's blocklist located?

2.After installing ie-spyad(or iespy2) ,it becomes quite slow to switch zones or view the restricted sites(under Security).Example: I'll try to view the restricted sites and will have to wait a while(1-3minutes) b4 it will open up.The same goes for trying to switch to another zone ,i'll have to sit and wait b4 it will switch to Internet,Local intranet,Trusted sites,(whichever one i'm clicking).Is this just a side effect for having all those sites installed in the Restricted zone from IE-Spyad?

using Windows ME (god help me)

2. hadi

hadi Guest

Unistall it

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

All ActiveX kill-bit entries....regardless of the program....places them in the below reg key.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility

Yes....it is indeed a side effect....regardless of which program places that many entries into the registry....~ 8000 for IE-Spyad. I notice it more so on any Win9X machines I might sit down at....and even Win2000 box exhibits a slight slow-down....but....none of the above mentioned take longer than say 15-30 seconds tops. If we knew more about your system....ram installed, processor, programs loaded in back-ground(services)....we might have a comment concerning your 1-3minutes figure.

Even God might have limitations concerning Me :eek:

4. harrypalms

harrypalms Guest

Thanks for the response Bubba,I really appreciate it.

I imagine that having an older celeron pc with not a lot of memory probably contributes to the ie-spyad slowdown.I timed it and the slowdown is only around 1 minute(give or take).I guess being used to everything popping up immediately made me think it was a lot longer.Regardless,I can live with it knowing how much good IE-Spyad does!

Thanks again!

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your Welcome ;)
    Good call.....especially for IE users :eek:

Just another slowdown to be aware of....if you ever execute a program named HighJackThis for whatever reason....be advised it will take longer quite a bit longer to scan if IE-Spyad is loaded versus IE-Spyad not installed\merged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.