IE SpyAd & SpywareBlaster: Are they Necessary?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Currently I'm using both IE-SpyAD and SpywareBlaster on my system. My real-time protection consists of AV, Firewall, Anti-Spam and WinPatrol Plus (along w/ manual XP tweaking) .

a) is it necessary to have BOTH IE-SpyAD and SpywareBlaster?

b) do they slow down the loading of web pages while surfing the internet?

I'm unsure whether or not I need both of them installed on my system. I use Firefox as my browser....but the family uses Yahoo! SBC browser (based on IE engine).

Thanks for your help.

2. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

It is not necessary, but great to have.

And they do not slow down surfing. Spyware Blaster is in the registry and only for activex, so it couldn't slow down surfing... IEspyAD... well I haven't noticed even a millisecond of slowdown as of yet. Not sure of restricted sites slows anyone down really.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

theyre not necessary especially if u use firefox but they dont run resident and they dont slowdown surfing. its your choice but i havent used them in months.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

The last versions of IE-SpyAD are quite big, when I stopped using it, IE speeded up.
    Depends on the system, try to uninstall IE-SpyAD to find out, if you see any difference.

5. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

After playing around with both apps, I decided to uninstall IE-SpyAD and I did notice a faster/smoother performance using IE. I kept Spyware Blaster as I noticed no slowdown with or w/o it.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

While there is definetly a pause when either displaying a page or when you attempt to make changes to your Internet Options when using IE-Spyad and it's approximately 20,000 entries....it is definetly a fine layer of protection to have if one surfs willy nilly around the net and especially if one does not have IE properly secured.

7. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

How about if you use IE? I don't use IE SpyAd(never was able to quite understand how to use it), but I do use the IE broswer. How necessary is SpywareBlaster is you use IE? I don't surf willy nilly around the net, as Bubba mentioned(not really sure what that means though), but I mainly use the internet to lurk and post at message boards, pay bills, listen to music sample audio clips of CDs that I may want to buy, and internet searches(for whatever particular topic that I may be curious about or need information about). Oh yeah, and sometimes I do image searches to find a particular image that I want to post on a message board or that special Smiley to post on a message board. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1016.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.