IE-SPYAD: Can't fill html forms now! E.G. Whitepages.com

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by XnCelt, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XnCelt

XnCelt Registered Member

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

IE-SpyAd adds sites to the IE restricted sites list which has tighter security by default than any other security zone. One of the sites it adds is indeed whitepages.com. When you find a particular site that you do not wish to have restricted in this way, you can manually remove it in Internet Explorer itself.

In IE, goto: "Tools" menu > "Internet Options..." > "Security" tab > select "Restricted sites" icon > press "Sites..." button > scroll down the list (they are in alphabetical order) and highlight "*.whitepages.com" and hit "Remove" button. Press OK out of those screens. You may need to restart IE, or may not, but that site should now no longer be in the restricted zone so it should work as it did prior to installing IE-SpyAd.

This is the proper way to reenable a specific site while using IE-SpyAd. Some people mistakenly start reducing the security in the Restricted Zone in IE, which would be a very bad thing to do as it opens their systems to all kinds of exploits.

Attached Files:

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

At last I have found the answer to something that has puzzled me for so long! I have tried to fill out online forms and sometimes receive the warning 'your security settings do not allow HTML etc' I have looked at everything to find the reason so thank you for this post I know have my answer :) I just contented myself that there must be a reason for it and didn't fill out the forms :rolleyes:

4. Nick

Nick Registered Member

When the time comes to update IE Spyad, remember to remove any sites you have taken out yourself, as they will be put back into the restricted zone with the new install. Unless the site has been removed from IE Spyad's database, that is.

5. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Might this thread's subject be getting near an explanation for why I sometimes can't download, even after putting a site in my Trusted Zone (and confirming that it's been accepted as Trusted, with the green/white check mark displayed in the lower right)? I've tried giving my Trusted Zone every permission I can find, including those in the custom Java settings and over-riding cookie handling for sites I'm having problems with to allow everything except 3rd party cookies. The 3rd party cookies don't make the download happen, anyhow; I checked that. I've also shut down the firewall and the AV (separately & together) briefly...even exiting eDexter, but often I end up downloading with the other computer and emailing or putting programs on a cd to get them here.

I use both IE-SPYAD and Enough is Enough, but once a site is trusted they shouldn't be blocking it, and the difficulties are transient, with nothing I can find to indicate why what was impossible becomes possible and no control over when that happens. The message I get is that my security settings will not allow the download. I can't find any more security settings to enable for Trusted Sites, and would prefer to trust a bit less, and still be able to download reliably when I want to. Any insights? :p mj

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

jayzzz....I'll attempt to be brief and not highjack XnCelt's thread to bad.

Even tho site A is placed in the Trusted Zone....the download could be stored on site j. If site j is not in the Trusted or Restricted Zone....that means site j will follow the settings of the Internet Zone.

BTW....do you have an example of a site and a particular download ?

Bubba

7. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Within the last couple of weeks, I've had to use the other 'puter to download Trillian, MSN Messenger (which is leaving my equipment, again, as soon as I'm sure Trillian and I understand each other), & ePrompter's newest version from www.eprompter.com. SpywareBlaster's new version also had to come to the Dell by way of the Compaq. Gotta look to remind myself where I got Trillian from. There were times when I had to download HJT from the other machine, and that's ridiculous, but it's no longer a problem. Every once in awhile, I'll run it just to check and see if there's anything that makes me think I should post a log. I don't touch anything unless I know for sure what it is...and I've been tapering off on running it that way because I never find anything that surprises me. For all the locked up tight I seem to be, I still can't get PCFlank's Quicktest to approve of me.

Do the site A and site J examples you gave relate at all to the setting about crossing domains or frames, or however it's phrased? Those things are permitted for my Trusted Sites.

I appreciate the help you've given me, today, Bubba. Sometimes, I think I'll never catch up to where I might be if I had been living here in the city, with electricity and all, from '93 until I returned in '97. The whole Internet thing came together during that time period. ...Joyce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.