IE explorer stashing copies of picture downloads

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I suppose I'm just sort of letting off steam. I seriously doubt anyone can explain this behavior.

I recently completely reinstalled windows from scratch.

Even if I had restored from a previous install, my settings on internet explorer are pretty tight, plus I use CCleaner and Window Washer very often. (both of which clean cache, and index.dat)

I don't like the illogical file structure of my documents, my pictures, ect..., so I just leave them alone and create my own folders, Notably "Me Pictures", and it is not even on the same Hard Drive as my system file.

I don't use IE, and even have it set to disabled.

So, Image my surprise when I see a "Me Pictures" directory inside of IE folders, in documents and settings/myusername---Complete with the custom Icon that I made for it!!!

The pictures are actual pictures, not references or shortcuts. They are all pictures that I downloaded months ago!

Just one last little point: I find it hard to take anyone seriously who says Internet Explorer poses no security and privacy risks if set properly. I will admit, if your settings are so strict, you can barely do anything, then you will be secure enough to not see overt signs of highjacking, ect... Not quite the same thing, though, is it?

Check it out:

-HandsOff

Attached Files:

• aaa.jpg
      aaa.jpg
      File size:
      36.3 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.