IE encountered a problem and nees to close

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Thomas Newton, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton Registered Member

IE encountered a problem and needs to close

I see in the FAQ that SB shouldn't interfere with internet connectivity http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/idx/0/050/article/?pt_sid=9639edaae84197b6bcd424c132a5cb72 but I've run into an interesting situation. If I disable SB's protection in my limited user account and launch IE7 I get a popup stating IE has encountered a problem and needs to close. If reenable SB then I can surf normally. Is this a new feature or I am the only one experiencing this? If it's a new feature, not a bad idea but why not have the popup tell why IE is closing? The popup makes it seem like the problem is with IE and not because I've disabled SB.

thanks,
    thomas

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  2. Thomas Newton

Re: IE encountered a problem and needs to close

No one?

Forgot to mention scans in safe mode with avast & Windows defender found nothing.

3. Thomas Newton

I uninstalled SpywareBlaster, rebooted, launched IE 7 and still got the "IE encountered an error and needs to close" popup.
    Reinstalled, updated SB and enabled protection and I could surf again so I then removed IE7 and SpywareBlaster both. Back to IE6 and all is well again. Very strange I don't understand how disabling SB protection could screw up IE7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.