IE can't start after I apply LUA + SRP

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Lucy, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Registered Member

Hi all,

I need help.

I managed to apply SRP on a Vista premium machine through registry:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=232857

Now, I am facing a little problem. Everything is working fine & smooth, except IE (I tested with IE7 and IE:cool: when I am in my limited user account.

IE doesn't even start. If I run IE with admin rights, it is working just fine. But upon normal execution, it can't. (Firefox works just great).

BTW I installe office live and M$ Office applications keep on showing the very same welcome window of office live under LUA.

What I mean is that maybe, for Office and IE, it has to do with registry keys which could not be updated on start (like runonce, btw, I did the trick to change the 3 runonce reg keys of ie to get rid of runonce problem without any result). In the same time, I can't see how SRP could interact with registry keys, when it is about application allowed to run ('cause they are in programs folder).

The other possibility is that these applications call exes or dlls that are in the user folder...

Does anybody have any clue of what is happening and could give me advices or even better a solution?

SRP in Vista premium works great and it's a shame I have this odd problem...

Thanks in advance.

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

IE is being blocked. You should remove your SRP rules one at a time, or remove them then reapply them one at a time. Something you have disallowed is responsible, manifested when you can use it as Admin but not else.

I would examine the registry for the answer.

Sounds like office is being disallowed as well. Too bad there is not a 3rd party tool to parse SAFER registry keys to show what is there.

Sul.

3. Lucy

Lucy Registered Member

You expressed in a very clear manner what I tried to say. Thanks.
    As my SRP is nothing special whatsoever, it is either call of an executable placed outside of program or windows folders, or it is a blocked registry key...

I will try tonight to modify rules one at a time... and we'll see eventuallyL.

4. Lucy

Lucy Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.