IE 9?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hi - I'm running Vista & was curious how IE 9 update worked for you. Acted like a virus on my pc, tried it twice too. Thanks, D:)

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Could you elaborate on how it "acted like a virus"?

3. Decapad

Hi - actually it's the best description. My AV software was going off, my settings were screwy, I couldn't send or open email attachments, windows error messages were popping up like crazy etc... I wouldn't care but I am a web merchant & wanted to be sure my site was working with IE 9 - I have long ago switched to a different browser for my personal use. Thanks again :) D

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Given what you're describing I'd have to say it's unlikely that IE9 was responsible. Did you download the installer from a legitimate site? Have you scanned your system for malware?

5. Decapad

Hello again - yes I got it right from Mr Softy & pc is in proper order. No biggie - I was barely able to test my site & it worked - but I was curious to how it acted on other people's systems. Thanks, D:)

6. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

On my Vista laptop it seriously interfered with my desktop icons & sidebar. Eventually I went back to IE 8 (I tried both the RC & the 'supposed' proper release). Maybe IE 9 is a virus? LOL ;)

My advice is download a better browser. There are plenty to choose from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.