Identity shield fails MitB simulators

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

2. claudiu

claudiu Guest

That is not true

Either:

a) the test is flawed

b) in real life is different

c) you do not understand how the product works

d) user experince is different, they are happy

Thank you for your sugestion!

or

e) Yawn, yawn...and again, yawn!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  3. fax

fax Registered Member

LoL... I was waiting for this post since yesterday. You are late :D

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Please read the test report. This is not about some test methods not being compatible with WSA and therefore not detected it because it is not executed or other stuff. On other threads about WSA scoring bad in tests Webroot has stated that even if a sample is not detected after execution, it will still be blocked from accessing sensitive information entered into the browser eg. email passwords, online banking etc. The most popular attack vector with recent financial malware is MitB(Man in the Browser) attack. Webroot claims Identity Shield protects from MitB attack. As the report shows there are at least 2 methods to do a MitB attack that Identity Shield does not block and so if a sample which uses these methods is executed on a users PC and WSA does not detect the sample, then it can succesfully steal sensitive information and attacks can use it to steal money or worse. Webroot should update Identity Shield to block these methods so they can't be used to steal sensitive info. I also suggest Webroot looks more pro-actively for new methods to do MitB attacks and update protection, as while they have passed the BBC sim in the report, that was only a retest after Webroot had access to it and was able to update WSA as it didn't pass the first time and there have been other cases as well were they weren't able to protect against new methods at the time of the test while other competitors like Zemana Antilogger and Trusteer Rapport passed them all.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I apologize but I'm going to opt to not respond to this specific test due to past events.

7. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi PrevxHelp

BoerenkoolMetworst makes a fair point (in my view) so what are these past events that make you so coy about responding? Is it that there is some substance to what BoerenkoolMetworst relates?

Not much point in having a help contact in the forum if he or she chooses to abdicate his companies responsibilities.

Commercial life comes with costs and liabilities !!?

Terry

8. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Feel free to ask further at the Webroot Community or through our support inbox. I am just personally removing myself from this discussion here, but there are many more people at Webroot who can help answer.

I'm happy to answer questions about any other test in the meantime, or any other product related questions as always.

9. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

As Joe has referred this to the Webroot forums, this thread is now closed. Feel free to post your questions there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.