Ideas/help to migrate a university to NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dyslextic, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyslextic

dyslextic Registered Member

Hello,

I am a system administrator at a University and part of my job involves maintaining the University's Symantec Anti Virus Solution. The problem is that the Symantec Endpoint Solution has been failing to catch/noticed many many infected PC of way to long. I am working on trying to get management to move to a different AV solution and they are currently open to the idea.

However, they are only will to look at the very top/large vendors for AV software (Symantec, Trend Micro, McAfee, Sophos). Any other vendors like Eset(NOD32) or KAV etc are ruled out as they have read these quote Garner report and will these other products never make the quote magic right quadrant?!?? - after all we do not wanted to be running bleed edge stuff to quote management.

So any one have any reports/ideas way that can help me as my preferred solution would be NOD32 but when I talk about it I might as well be hitting my head against a concrete wall. Also, who would be the Educational vendor is the USA for price quotes on NOD32?

FYI, the reason I am pushing hard on this is that we are getting 12 plus machine a week we have to rebuild because Symantec AV fail to stop or noticed the PC was infected. You can take the PC's hard disk drive out and mount the hard disk in other PC. Then scan it with Malwarebytes and it will flag 12 plus Trojan/viruses that Symantec will not see until you go to the folder they are in and then all the sudden Symantec AV see the some of the Virus but only if you sort by date or mouse over them. It been getting worse for months and months. It to the point where as far as I am concern, if you have Symantec AV installed or no AV installed, it is the same thing.

So, if any one has any way to help me get University management to see that Eset(NOD32) is not a small, nice player, I would be very glad.

Thanks for you help,
    Dyslextic

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It is best to contact ESET's sales department for answers to these types of questions, but let's see what we can do.

ESET is in Gartner's 2009 Magic Quadrant report, according to this press release, and the full report can be downloaded from this page.

In the education market, ESET has customers ranging from size in thousands to hundreds of thousands of installed systems. A reference list of educational institutions be found here on ESET's web site.

ESET's sales engineering team does offer a value-added service to uninstall your existing security software and deploy ESET's in its place. This can be done via both push and pull methods, depending upon your current product and network topology, and typically does not require a reboot. It is normally a "zero touch" type operation--the software is replaced without any user intervention whatsoever.

Any one of ESET's resellers (North America) or distributors (world-wide) should be able to provide you with more information, including a quotation.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. dyslextic

dyslextic Registered Member

Hello,

Thanks for the reply Agoretsky you have given me good information to use at work with regards to NOD32. Now I have this very good information, I have a way to push forward with NOD32 as a very good solution to our AV issues.

Thanks for the help,
    Dyslextic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.