Idea for EAV/ESS v4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by xMarkx, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

I really like EAV/ESS.

It's really light and runs fast on my system. The updates are quick. The interface is simple and pretty.

I'm using v3, and I notice there's a RC for the next version.

I don't really want too many 'features' to be added to the next version because I don't want ESET's products turning into bloatware like the other major antiviruses (used to have McAfee and it is bloatware).

Idea: Maybe on the "Protection status" page, underneath the things already listed (- Number of blocked attacks, Version of virus signature database, and license valid until...) or "Computer scan" page could be a statement saying something like "Last successful system scan completed on: 2/17/2009." The date is just an example.

I know you can view the scan logs in the logs but adding this to the Protection status or Computer scan page wouldn't be bloating the software but just better reminding users the last time they did a full scan so that if they haven't done one in a while, they could do one.

Just an idea.

What do you think?

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Already done:

Attached Files:

• scan.GIF
      scan.GIF
      File size:
      49.7 KB
      Views:
  3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply and screenshot!

Is this feature available in v3 right now? (e.g. a hidden feature maybe?).

Do you think they will add it in future builds of v3? Or are they pretty much going to discontinue new v3 builds since v4 is in RC stage and probably final release stage in just a few short months.

Regards,

Mark.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's been there since the very first build of v3.

5. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

I have ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.684.0 on Windows XP SP3. I have done at least one scan. How come I don't see it? How can I add it?

A seperate issue but still related to what the UI displays: my "licensed valid until..." line has disappeared on the Protection status page (or whatever page it was on) and "About". Is this normal?

Thanks so much! If you would like screenshots to clarify exactly what is being displayed in my UI let me know.

Mark.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  6. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I still haven't figured out how to get: "Last successful system scan completed on..". I'm using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.684.0 on Windows XP SP3, 32-bit.

Also, my "license valid until.." still randomly disappears for a few hours and then comes back. However, I haven't seen it for two days now...

What's going on? How do I get both of these things to show up? Is there some setting I'm missing?

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.