IDE to SATA drives (Migrate Easy)

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by dmj99, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmj99

dmj99 Registered Member

I'm still confused about this. If you are migrating from an IDE to an SATA drive (and this is the only change), do you need to run sysprep?

Another thing, the acronis FAQ on sysprep deals with True Image. Are the sysprep procedures different with Migrate Easy? :doubt:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dmj99,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis System Transferring Software.

The system preparation is necessary for cases when you are transferring the system to another hardware. This means that if some of plug-&-play devices (sound card, video card, etc.) are different on the source and destination computers then the sysprep is necessary.

Sometimes sysprep helps to preserve issues with system transferring from IDE to SATA, sometimes it is not necessary. If you use sysprep this will not entail any difficulties, but if you do not use it then you can encounter with problems. It is not necessary, but it is recommended.

The sysprep procedure is not different for Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0. You can find the instructions on how to use it with Acronis Migrate Easy in this FAQ article.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. BrettD

BrettD Registered Member

I think that this is my prob, too. I've tried running MI twice once on manual and another on auto and with the same result. At the first reboot the screen starts with
    Analyzing partitions
    Locking partitions
    and then..
    checking partitions:
    ####.....etc.
    ERROR: Partition configuration has changed
    Press any key to reboot your computer.....

Then, any key won't work. I have to reset.

Is this because I'm trying to migrate from an IDE drive to SATA?

Brett

4. BrettD

BrettD Registered Member

IDE to SATA with Migrate Easy Issues

I've tried running ME twice once on manual and another on auto and with the same result. At the first reboot the screen starts with

"Analyzing partitions
    ####.....etc.
    Locking partitions
    ####.....etc."

and then...

"checking partitions:
    ####.....etc.
    ERROR: Partition configuration has changed
    Press any key to reboot your computer....."

Then, any key won't work. I have to push the reset button on my tower.

Is this because I'm trying to migrate from an IDE drive to SATA? Or is it something else? I have seen the message about sysprep and this issue. Just want to make sure that I'm not breaking something else while I'm trying to fix this.:doubt:

5. BrettD

BrettD Registered Member

Nevermind folks. I also bought True Image Home 9.0 and it did the clone migration just fine. Same computer, no mods in between trying Migrate Easy and True Image. I can't say enough good about True Image. Can't say anything good about Migrate Easy. :thumbd:

6. BrettD

BrettD Registered Member

Re: IDE to SATA with Migrate Easy Issues

Nevermind folks. I also bought True Image Home 9.0 and it did the clone migration just fine. Same computer, no mods in between trying Migrate Easy and True Image. I can't say enough good about True Image. Very impressive product. Can't say anything good about Migrate Easy. :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.