ID-Blaster for Vista?

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by tboll1, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tboll1

tboll1 Registered Member

Does anyone know if there will ever be an ID-Blaster that works on Vista?
    I love this program, at least I did until I got a new laptop with Vista on it. From Wilders Security website on ID-Blaster, "Not compatible with Windows Vista."
    How come ID-Blaster won't work with Vista?

Thanks!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Probably not, unfortunately.

Because of a number of changes, providing the same sort of capabilities on Vista would likely necessitate:

(a) A much more invasive program.
    (b) A much higher risk of "breaking" things (like anti-piracy measures built into Windows, possibly Windows Update, etc).

For its time, ID-Blaster was a useful program that targeted a particular need, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) Unfortunately, it's usefulness with more recent versions of Windows is questionable, given there are so many easier ways of tracking people these days.

We will deal with some of these ways in a different product, that has been built to take full advantage of today's operating systems. But it won't be a direct replacement for ID-Blaster - rather, it will tackle things from a slightly different angle. More on that soon. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.