Icon to start manual backup task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tdcaemar, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdcaemar

tdcaemar Registered Member

Is there a possibility to start a manually backup task with an icon on the desktop instead of starting TrueImage, selecting a task and starting it with the flag? I've got several automatical task an a manual task. It would be easier for users to have an icon on the desktop for the manual task. I found nothing in the TrueImage manual. Perhaps there's a way to do it.

Thanks Marc

2. dld

dld Registered Member

True Image does install a shortcut icon in Desktop, at least TI 9.0.3633 does in my installation.

If you don't have such a shortcut go to Program Files\True Image and create a shortcut for TrueImage.exe. You can then d&d this shortcut to your desktop.

3. tdcaemar

tdcaemar Registered Member

I don't mean an Icon to start TrueImage, but an Icon to start a predefined "scheduled task".

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tdcaemar,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that this feature in Acronis True Image is not available. It will be probably implemented in the future builds/versions of the software. I'm sorry but the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Marc,

You could use the TI Sheduled Task Wizard to set up a backup task and set the Start Parameters to "Do not start automatically". After that, create a desktop shortcut pointing to the appropriate TI script file (browse to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users (or sometimes All Users.WINDOWS)\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\xxxyyyzzzetc.tib.tis

You may have to associate the .tis files with TrueImageService (remember to check the "Always use the selected program for this kind of file" tickbox) if the shortcut fails to start the scheduled task.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.