Icon AWOL

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Caratacus, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

On WinXP Pro I have TDS set to minimise to system tray icon. Recently when I minimise it nearly always fails to show the icon in the tray, theough the process is still running. I tried setting to miniwindow then back again, but still no go.

I'll try to fix it by reinstalling. Should I reinstall over the top or uninstall first?

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Do you have XP set to hide inactive icons at all ?

Reinstalling should be the last thing you try I guess, it shouldn't be a problem that needs a reinstall..

3. Caratacus

Hi Gavin! Yes, I have XP set to hide inactive icons, but when you click on the arrow button to reveal those icons, TDS is MIA. So that's not the problem. There simply is no icon at all.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Hi,

When you go into configuration and choose to minimise to the system tray, choose YES to restart TDS immediately..

Now all should be well :)

5. Caratacus

Gavin, Do you mean wnen the Configuration Saved dialog box advises you to reload TDS? I have of course been selecting 'Yes", and letting TDS reload. Then when I minimise, the icon IS in the tray as it should be. But on subesequent reboots when TDS runs at startup, if I try to minimise after its scan I lose the icon. Or if I close TDS then restart it during the same session I lose it. But the process is running, just no icon. So I've taken to using the mini control window which works fine.

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Hi again,

Thanks for the very good explanation :)

Does sound like a compatibility problem with something, possibly only something which is loading at boot. If you want to know everything that is loading, run ASViewer with all options to show autostarts (drivers, services etc) and email it to us. Post it here if you like but I would recommend sending it to support@diamondcs.com.au for me to have a look at on Monday morning.

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=asviewer

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Is it tray / taskbar or systray?
    Is this only happening with TDS or more programs that the icons disappear instead of comming to the taskbar/tray while they are running?
    Did you lock the tray so icons can't appear there at all?
    In that case it would mean just to unlock the tray/taskbar and you would be fine again.

Systray is another part, Gavin is looking into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.