ICMP Flooding Message SPAM

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Underwolf, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Underwolf

Underwolf Registered Member

Ver 5.2.9

When connecting to a network in places such as a hotel (public, high security settings selected) I continually get an "ICMP flooding attack detected" every five seconds.

It's not difficult to dig up information as to WHAT these attacks are, but not a damn thing about reacting to them, shutting them down, or DISABLING THE ~Removed~ MESSAGE!

Finally I just disabled the stupid ESET firewall and restarted the windows firewall which did not go ~Removed~ crazy and spam me with an unkillable message popup (which, IMO, is as bad as any virus!!! This ICMP message is the only *contiually repeating message* I ever get... even the rare detected virus offers up only one notice before it's quarantined/killed).
    With no ability to shut this damn message down = won't be buying ESET again in the future.

So, ESET, if you want to retain my business, and those who I have suggested your product to, give some instruction or just a r-click>silence message for [time] option.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.