ICH7R - Intel® Matrix Storage Technology

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BrownGhost, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrownGhost

BrownGhost Registered Member

well i just had a hard drive crash, not a new drive and want to restore to my Raid disk :( but no cant as Acronicks dont suport the raind Sata controller :(

please help im lost here..
    its the new motherboard:Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal
    http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Products/Products_GA-8I955X Royal.htm

im using Sata 2 disks in Raid 0
    the controller uses drivers i have on a disk.. but how do i apply those to the boot Acronis True Image rescue disk??

here are the drivers: http://www.qserve.org/drivers.rar

can any one help me please. i need thes comp back up and running :)

thanks

By the way, why dont you ask for drivers disk when we loade the Acronis rescuse disk builder. much easyer to ge all drivers on that disk one need.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BrownGhost,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all please update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 889 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then create a new bootable CD and try to boot from it.

Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see Acronis post for the detailed instructions). This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. BrownGhost

thanks i will do this right now :)
    im reged.. downloading the update now :)

4. BrownGhost

did that install and made new boot cd. same stuff.
    cant see the raid drives :(

whats: Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround o_O?
    And how do i make: this sysinfo.txt file you want ??

thanks

5. Acronis Support

Hello BrownGhost,

We regret to inform you that the drivers for ICH7R were not introduced into Acronis True Image yet, however, we expect the next build to work with this chipset without problems. If you don't want to wait please send your serial number to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva. She will help you with the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. BrownGhost

how long time will it be for next build ?

7. Acronis Support

Hello BrownGhost,

I am afraid I cannot provide you with the exact date when the ICH7R chipset will be supported. If it is very urgent please contact support@acronis.com indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva. Please include your serial number for Acronis True Image 8.0 into your letter and describe that you need to work with ICH7R and Acronis True Image. We will certainly help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Registered Member

Does the current build support ICH7R?

9. THoff

THoff Guest

I also have a Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal, and I have no trouble accessing SATA drives that are NOT in a RAID configuration when using build 903 or 937 of True Image 8.

10. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Registered Member

What about in AHCI mode?

11. Acronis Support

Hello all,

If you have chipsets with Intel® ICH7R controller please contact us via e-mail: support@acronis.com along with description of your problem and please indicate in the subject that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

12. THoff

THoff Guest

Haven't tried it, I have the RAID / AHCI function set to DISABLED in my BIOS (I'm using V7, BTW, which is on the Gigabyte site). I don't have the necessary drivers installed so I can't boot Windows if I change the selection. I can try changing it to AHCI and booting using the Build 937 Rescue CD to see if the drives are accessible after I get home if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.