iCare Data Recovery Free until May 31st

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by andyman35, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

2. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

andyman35,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll try to grab a copy.

Regards.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I went ahead and tried using this even though the free offer has expired. The last time it was offered for free some people said it worked for a while after the expiration date so I thought I'd give it a shot. Installed fine but wouldn't activate after entering the free code several different ways - with & without quotes, etc. Step five in the instructions says: "5. If it fails to activate, please clean CACHE files and then restart your PC and try again." Does anyone know what "cache" it's talking about??

4. andyman35

That'll be related to the online verification of the key,clearing out temporary internet (and other TEMP )files using the likes of Ccleaner will remove all references to earlier "keys".I doubt it's relevant in your case since you didn't have a previous version installed?

A previous offer still worked after the event but they may well have tightened up things now.These promotions are quite common though so another will appear soon.

5. allizomeniz

You're right, I've never used another key so I think the promotion simply doesn't work now. I've been trying out Power Data Recovery Free and it's pretty good, but it doesn't preserve the original file structure like iCare.

6. andyman35

I've looked at Power Data Recovery before and it seems good for a freebie.However keeping the file structure intact,rather than just recovering a large number of random files is certainly a plus point.

7. allizomeniz

Upon further investigation it seems that Power Data Recovery does have a way to preserve the folder tree with its Undelete Recovery option. I've been working with the Digital Media Recovery option and doesn't do it. This is great news. :)

8. andyman35

That's good to know :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.