I was sooooooo close

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:'( well i went back to black vipers web page reconfig my system and i went for the Power User on black vipers and it almost work.

i used Power User set up except for 4 things that i felt i needed like the cd burning drag and drop and the plug and play for like my digital camrah etc etc
    the dial up internet thing i needed and the themes thing

i went from 254 mb ram ussage to a mere 160 on xp home eddtion and that was with my bitchin awsome theme

and my god the start up to get to my desktop was so fast it could blow alway a 2ghz processor out of the box and im on a 700mhz celeron thats perty damn fast

:'( but i guess it wasnt meant to be

alparently i had turnd off a service that rigisters my external 120 gig hd maxtor usb 2.0

when i open my computer and checked the drives it wasnt there

after an hour of turning srvices 1 by 1 off and on and switching to automatic i still could not find the service that allows the drive to be read

i finaly broke dowen used goback reverted my drive

sighhhhhhhhhhhh i guess it just wasnt mean to be

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm Power User setting

so if any body would know what service could had stoped the 120 gig external hd from being listed pleas let me know

for ever in debted blaze

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Does this mean you no longer need help in your earlier thread from today concerning this matter ?

Help my pc is crashing

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Blaze,

I really don't know whether this was the culprit, but did you perhaps gave no permission for Mxoaldr.exe
    It is just a wild guess....

I too have, on my old Win 98 SE machine, connected an external USB2 Maxtor OneTouch drive.

On my system that file has permission to start up.

Some more info:
    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/mxoaldr/

Quote :

mxoaldr.exe is an application which is initiated during install of Matrox drivers. It by-passes Windows driver certificate engine. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

- end quote -

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Slightly off topic: I now see that the company of WinTasks Pro, who made that description, has made a little error:

They wrote :

Quote :

mxoaldr.exe is an application which is initiated during install of Matrox drivers. It by-passes Windows driver certificate engine. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

- end quote -

It should be :

Quote :

mxoaldr.exe is an application which is initiated during install of Maxtor drivers. It by-passes Windows driver certificate engine. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

- end quote -

LOL, it is very easy to confuse the names Maxtor and Matrox:
    Maxtor makes that harddisk.
    Matrox makes video-cards.

OK, back to your question, Blaze:
    Could it perhaps be that you did not allow that file Mxoaldr.exe to start up?
    As I said, it is only a wild guess....

Warm regards, Jan.

5. Mr.Blaze

:D Hi jan hi bubba im useing services.msc instead of runing msconfig the service there is called retrospect.

not maxoaldr and onetouch like in msconfig

and yep i left all 3 alone

im try one more time but this time right everything dowen then post you guys what i did

lol jan you have same thing i have its perty cool does yours have a neon blue light to

actualy bubba i might still need that answers in the one topic i needed help in earlyer to understand what was actualy causeing my pc to reboot like that

wish me luck guys

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Yep, the same one :)

Good luck Blaze !!!!! ;)

7. Mr.Blaze

:cool: DONE AND IT WORKED

Now if i can find a list of unuseal runing process other then standard runing process

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

GREAT buddy !!! :D

You could have a look at the following sites.
    They are related to two programs that I have:
    1. RegRun Gold
    2. WinTasks Pro

http://www.greatis.com/appdata/

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/allprocesses/

Maybe, if you like, you might be allowed to post a HJT-log if that would help.
    But that decision is, of course, up to the team.

Warm regards, Jan.

9. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

10. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Think about using this next time you are trying to speed up that XP

Safe XP allows users to quickly tweak various security and privacy related settings in XP. The options include Media Player settings, Services settings (error reporting, time synch, remote registry etc.), as well as and option to remove items from the Start menu, network security settings and more.
    Safe XP improves your system performance and makes Windows to run faster, more secure and reliable!
    It is suitable for beginners and experts!

Download FREE Version
    Screenshot
    More Info

http://theorica.mirrorz.com/

Other

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11760841~mode=flat

Attached Files:

11. Mr.Blaze

thx guys but not what im looking for

im useing services.msc im not in msconfig but i did save your links those i realy needed for some other stuff

i have some strange services runing in the back ground that arnt the useal xp

need to find out if i can switch them to manual or disable and some have even started but i dont know what there for they seem kinda usless

process guard is curently uninstalled on my pc till i finish this then ill reinstall it

heres my list as you can see i need help im not advanced enough

Attached Files:

12. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I vote Mr. Blaze..(Blazey to his friends) to be the 'Captain Kirk' of Computer Internal Expeditions....He fearlessly goes where no body has ever dared to go before...into Computer 'Black Holes' and returns from the other side unscathed and as good as new.....I think he should be awarded the 'Explorer Medal of Honour' for services above and beyond the call of Duty.... :D :D :D

Cochise, :cool: (Computer Scaredy-Cat) :D

13. Mr.Blaze

Primrose :eek: ohhhhhhhhhh my god i been needing something like that for a hell of a long time

blaze rubs his face algaints the screen myyyyy precious yessssssss my precious :p drewling thx Primrose

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Blaze

Add this to your links for reference.

Elder Geek

15. FanJ

FanJ Guest

John (Primrose) has helped you sooo many times.
    My heartfelt thanks to you again John !!!!! :D :D :D

(I don't have XP, so I have to leave it further up to others ;)).

Warm regards, Jan.

16. Mr.Blaze

wow now im go find newest verstion of xp anti spy wow guys so much aswome goodys thx john ,ronjor,gerardwil,Cochise,fan j,buba and every one here at wilders

17. Mr.Blaze

wow i did it i finaly finished and am very happy

on windows start up it speed demon that with goback my bitchin xp theam yzshadow lclock norton system works 2003 after i installed processguard on start up im useing 157mb

when im connected to the net with zap security suit with juno 7.0 214 mb

actualy these stats might be higher because i look at task manager to see the mb im useing in memory

my god i saved up a heap of memory and my pc is way faster

of course this is mainly because i start everything manualy printers etc

thx guys this kicks ass

18. FanJ

FanJ Guest

WOW that sounds all great Blaze !!!
    You're happy > I'm happy !!!!! :D

19. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

It's pretty hard to keep up with Bubber Jan and the rest of the Wilder Angels when they are on their hogs..but that should keep you on the road for a while..we will save the pretty young one for ya when you cach up... :D

Please be gentle...being sooooo close is like horse shoes..you get three points for a ringer but only two points for a leaner. :eek:

Hugs Big M ;)

Enjoy the Open Road.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.