i want to save the updates local!!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by woomera, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woomera

woomera Registered Member

hi all,
    i wanted to know how can i keep the nod32 2.x downloaded updates so if i reinstalled them forexample ,there will be no need to download them again.
    is there any where in the website to download them with download manager?
    :'(

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As far as I am aware, it is only available in the administrator version, and within that version it does work well...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. woomera

you mean there is no way like other antiviruses that we download them on zip files and then update it localy like kaspersky or drweb or...o_O
    thats su cks.
    i moved from kaspersky to nod32 and im using it about two days.
    please ,is there anyway?

4. Blackspear

Well yes, but only as I described, if you use the Administrator version of NOD32, there is an option to create a mirror of the updates. If you do that, you can select in which folder you want the updates saved. Then you can copy those files to the offline computer (via LAN or CD or Floppy disk or whatever) and have it update from that location.

Hope this helps...

5. woomera

thanks man but i ment is there anyway to do that with the standard edition?

6. Blackspear

My pleasure, but no, there isn't a way to do it with the standard version...

7. peterc

peterc Registered Member

I have the standard version of Nod and I back up my updates all the time as I also have a license for Kav 5 personal so if I want to switch to Kav 5 I have uninstall Nod.

This is how right click at start go to program files find the Eset folder open it inside copy the 'updfiles' and paste where ever you want to store them. When you re install Nod don't re boot straight away find where ever you stored the 'updfiles' copy them and then go to program files back to Eset folder open it and paste it will ask if you want to over write say yes.

Then re boot it will still say your signatures are out of date so the next time you are on line it will update but only a small amount or so depending on how long you have not used Nod the updates could be larger.

That's the only way I know of if you want to back up your signatures as a home user.

Hope that helps

PS I'm using XP OS

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps you could try backing up the Eset folder as well as the Eset key from the registry and restore them after a fresh installation of NOD32. This is just my thought and may not work properly.

9. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Although the method that PeterC has outlined will work, I just wanted to point out that it is not the policy of Eset to advise anything other than the standard method of installing and updating.

Bandicoot.

10. peterc

peterc Registered Member

One would not have to go to the measure that I do if Eset were to have update files that could be downloaded from Eset, it would be the same as if I wanted to download a new version of Nod, all I would do is enter my user name and password.

Other AV companies do it ie: Kaspersky, McAfee etc

11. Blackspear

Hi PeterC, you can add it to here if you like: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=49674

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.