I wanna update from 7.0 to 8.0 but did they fix

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RTShaw, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

i want to update from Trueimage 7.0x to 8.0x but i've had a problem that i dont know if its been solved an Acronis have never even responded.

im runnin an asus p4c800 E delx mobo..
    my drives

1 - Sata 37gig raptor
    1 - Sata WD 160 gig drive
    4 - 160 gig wd drives on a promise tx4000 raid controller (pata if u must know
    ) broken into 2 300 gig Arrays..

problem comes in when trying 2 restore myC partition normally the Sata 37 gigger ([partitioned) but hey if i'm experimention im apt to boot from any of the drives)

i think acronis gets confused with the partitions because they are not in order so it blows acronis away.. and most backups fail to restore.

Disk 1 (raptor) 16 gig C: partition - blank
    Disk 2 ( 160 gig Sata ) 16 gig blank - 97 gig G: partition - blank
    Disk3 (Raid Arry 0 - 300 gigs ) E: partition
    Disk 4 (Raid Array 1 - 300 gigs) F: partition

the 16 gig at the front of disk 2 was just incase i wanted to boot fro that physical drive for some experiment.
    (blank = blank space on drive)
    -------------------------------
    notice G: partition well the most i can figure is that acronisa gets confused because the G: partition is on a physical drive before the D: E: partitions at least thats what it aseems to be.
    i could never even get Acronis to respond to me on this poblem.. i can not restore most backups. so when i backup C: i use PartitionExpert to hide the G: partition then backup.
    its a pain inthe ass to remember with my medical problems but i was hoping it would be fixed in version 8.. before i pay for the upgrade and then find out the problem still exists..

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Post by foghorn removed as it was a comment on RTShaw's sig. and thereas O/T.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.