I Updated to the Latest Version of Firefox But This Message Appeared..Please Help.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sooflymami, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

after updating to the latest version of Firefox, it asked me if I want to help improve Mozilla by automatically reporting..I did not understand what they meant so I clicked the "No" button..would this affect anything at all or would it affect the future firefox update or what would it do?

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

It won't have an effect on your experience. They can use that data to address crashes and/or performance issues though.

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

sooflymami, that was just a new opt-in Telemetry system feature for Mozilla engineers to gauge the performance of its new browser.

Clicking "No" does not affect your browser's performance.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Question: I got this inquiry also, when I updated to FF7, and ticked no. If I decide that the service might be useful to me and/or Mozilla after all, is there any way to add it back in afterwards? Something in Tools/Options, perhaps (I haven't yet checked there)?

(edit) May have answered this myself -- under Tools/Options/Advanced, there's now an unticked box for "report performance data". I'd guess that ticking this does what I'd asked.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

MikeBCda, you are correct!

7. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

Thank you..I'll do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.