I think something is seriously wrong! Please Help!!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hoakman, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoakman

hoakman Registered Member

I think something is seriously wrong on my computer, but i dont know what it is. Recently i started to see my firewall was giving me warnings about that i was connectiong to unprotected networks and it asked me to protect it, so i clicked yes and now in the protected networks list theres a new network named DTN network (Direct internet connection). Now in the firewall i have been starting to see incoming connections of netbios-ns on port 137 from different ip adresses and the firewall is accepting them. And other suspicios stuff such as bootps (67) and llmnr (5355) and outcoming connections from port 64368 to ip adresses i never hear of. Do i have a botnet or other spyware on my pc? Please help!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Hi hoakman;

Have you run a scan for malware ?

Can you positively identify all running processes in Task Manager ?

3. hoakman

hoakman Registered Member

Yes i have scanned with 3 different scanners. But i looked up some of the ips sending the netbios-ns thing and found that it was associated with some programs i had like steam, so i think its nothing to worry about, but thanks for your help. Wonder what the unprotected networks thing was tho...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.