I think something is either wrong with my power cable, battery or monitor.

Discussion in 'hardware' started by cheater87, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Sometimes when my charger cable gets disconnected a bit my monitor goes black. This is VERY VERY annoying. I then have to restart my laptop and I already changed my battery a few months ago to see if it would fix it. It just slowed it down. Is something wrong with the battery again or is it another parto_O I have a Dell Inspiron 6400.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Could be as simple as the power settings. If the lap top thinks it is on batteries then it may be turning off the monitor to save power. Check out your power management settings.

Worse scenario, could be your mobo. Maybe the female receptacle where the cord plugs in could have cracked connections at the solder points, or............. The Mrs. laptop has a loose connector on the mobo. The male plug end gets very warm (=hot) when plugged in so she does not use it. My Friends at the local Tech. shop will repair\re-solder it. Just have not taken in to them yet.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Turn off monitor is set to Never on both. Looks like the mobo then. How much will it cost to fixo_O

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Sorry cheater87, Do not have a clue. That all depends on your local shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.