I think I need a refund!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rockrz, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

I purchased and downloaded the new version 9...and it doesn't work!

I installed it with no problems, ran a back-up image and then burned a recovery disc to boot from...which is where the problem occurs.

When I used the boot disc (I burned 2 or them and tried each one) and try to boot from it, my screen just stays blank as though the recovery program on the disc wasn't working.

And, so...I un-installed and loaded my old version 8.
    It works perfectly, so there appears to be something wrong with version 9.

I've been using version 8 for over a year and have been very happy with it. Looks like I need to stay with this until the "bugs" get worked out of version 9.

Since I'm not going to be using version 9, I need to get a refund for that purchase. How do I go about obtaining my refund?

I know this will come into question, so here's a complete list of all the components of my new system:

Power Supply
    600 Watt Enermax NoiseTaker Quiet Power Supply with Dual Smart Fans, user adjustable speed control knob

Motherboard
    Asus A8N SLI Premium - NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI MCP, PCI Express Motherboard with DDR

AMD Processor
    AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 with Dual Core Technology, 2.6GHz x2, 939-pin

CPU Cooling
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Heatsink with Ultra Quiet Fan and Copper Heat Pipes, plus Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

DDR Memory
    4096MB PC3200 DDR400 Memory (4x1024)

PCX Video
    512MB ATI® Radeon™ X1900 XT*, 2 x DVI out, 1 x S-Video out

Hard Drive
    150GB Western Digital Raptor 10,000rpm SATA/150, 16MB Cache, NCQ

Optical Drive 1
    16x Lite On® DVD+/-RW/CD-RW Dual Layer, Black Bezel

Floppy Drive & Media Reader
    8-in-1 Floppy Drive & Media Reader Combo, Black Bezel

Network Adapter
    Integrated 10/100/1000MBps Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter

FireWire
    2 Integrated IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports, 1 front & 1 rear

USB 2.0 Ports
    8 USB 2.0 Ports, 2 front & 6 rear

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/Service Pack 2 on original CD
    Installed & Performance Tuned

Productivity Software
    Microsoft Office 2003 Pro with SP1 - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher

Keyboard
    Genuine Microsoft Internet Keyboard - Black

Mouse
    Genuine Microsoft USB Optical Wheel Mouse – Black

Monitor
    ViewSonic - VP2030b 20.1-inch Professional Series ThinEdge Black LCD Monitor

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/sales/retail/refund/

3. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

Thanx........

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rockrz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We are really sorry that you are displeased with the work of Acronis software. However, we recommend you to check if you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 prior to requesting a refund. You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

If the build number is different from 2337 then please download and install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your computer from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please do the following:

1.) If the boot process comes up to the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option then press F11 key when this selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and choose the "Full" option. As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

2.) If the above mentioned selection screen does not appear and all you can see while booting from Bootable Rescue CD is a blank screen then please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

I'm really sorry to see that you guys advertise that you will give a refund, and then refuse to honor what you advertise.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  6. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

Just so you'll know...I did download the latest version.
    My Registration date: 2006-02-23
    Most recent build issued: 2006-01-05

I'm really sorry to see that you guys advertise that you will give a refund, and then refuse to honor what you advertise.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I nknow of somone recently that purchased the disk management program and after it performed less than satisfactorily, asked for arefund. Thjey gave him a hard time and said he should buy some other somftware instead of taking a refund.

:-(

sh

8. noonie

noonie Registered Member

That is why your bank's 800 number is on the back of the card.
    Companies can state all the disclaimers they want, but the mediator at the bank is in full control.

9. Bill Ferrell

Bill Ferrell Registered Member

AUGGHHHHHH!

I just called that number and lost all remaining hope when they answered "Acronis Global Banking, Card Services. May I help you download our latest version?"

We are all doomed.

10. Acronis Support

Hello Rockrz,

Could you please clarify whether you have already contacted our Support Team in order to get a refund? If so, please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

11. Acronis Support

Hello shieber,

I'm afraid that this statement is misapprehended. There are a lot of different situations but we always try to find a suitable solution for every customer. If a customer asks the refund for the software which he has purchased at our web-site and there is no any issues with his purchase, we usually do not ask to purchase another Acronis software.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

12. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

That's exactly what you guys did to me!....Emailed me and told me you didn't want to give me a refund, but would allow me to choose another product instead.

If this is how you guys are gonna be, then you need to remove the offer for a refund from your site.

It ticks people off when you offer a refund, and then give them a hard time for wanting to take you up on the offer.

13. Acronis Support

Hello Rockrz,

Please be aware that we never refuse to provide our customers with a refund if they are eligible to obtain it (i.e. purchased the software through our online store, ask for refund within a 30 day period, encounter a problem which can not be resolved for some reason, etc.). Moreover, we never force our customers to purchase another Acronis products. However, as Tatyana has already mentioned above, we always try to find the most suitable solution for each customer who requests a refund for an Acronis product. For example, sometimes we suggest people to replace the product they request a refund for with another Acronis product. However, if a customer is not interested in such a replacement or some other solution suggested by our support engineer then we provide him with a refund without any additional protraction.

As for your particular case, our support engineer Dennis Kurochkin wrote:

Dennis didn't say that we do not want to provide you with a refund, but suggested you to replace your copy of Acronis True Image 9.0 with another Acronis product. You was free to reject his proposition. Moreover, as you can see from the last letter that was sent to you by another support engineer Marina Chernikova, your refund has been processed as soon as we received the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

14. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

Proper customer service would have been to just give a refund, since your site says "you may request a full refund from Acronis for any reason".

If I would have wanted another product, I would have asked for it.
    I just wanted a refund because version 9 is faulty. I can prove that because I loaded version 8 and it works great!

Anyway, yes I did get the email about the refund that is being processed. Thanks.

15. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Well, I would think that the last line of this quote from Dennis Kurochkin:
    Seems there would be an additional line added following the "download instructions" that would state..."Or if you prefer, we will refund your purchase as you requested".

Seems to me the quote indicates exactly what the complainer is expressing...that every effort is made to keep from refunding. The quote would make most logical people think they have no other option, but to replace the product with another. That's what it states very clearly with no mention in that reply not even one word that a refund could be chosen.

...Allen :thumbd:

16. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

Well, I think most of the time these companies do their best to obtain a solution that best fits their profit margin...and I can't blame them for trying.

But, they also should take into consideration how their customer service practices affect their long term bottom line. It's always best to build ongoing relationships with customers so they remain customers.

Happy customers will always come back and buy again and will recommend to their friends, families, and co-workers.

17. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Rockrz,

I've been active on this forum since August 04. Your's is the first complaint I've seen about Acronis' refund policy. As Allen said, Dennis Kurochkin's reply to you could have been better worded. Nevertheless, hopefully, it was a one-off occurrance.

Regards

18. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

They tell me my refund is coming, so as soon as I see it hit my credit card I'll be happy.

It just seems like they shouldn't give a guy such a hard time when they say on their website that you can get a refund "for any reason".

Maybe, they need to re-word their refund policy and take that part out.
    Otherwise, folks might get the idea that they don't mean what they say.

19. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Off-topic rant removed. Feel free to post any legitimate support issues in a new thread.

20. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

I did receive my refund credited to my credit card...thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.