I think Execution Protection is killing my surfing...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by TylerGred, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerGred

TylerGred Registered Member

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but I search through the pages and haven't found anything yet.

For the past few weeks while surfing the internet I would often get a connection timed out error from Firefox. Usually I could just refresh or click the link again and it would load. I went through my security programs one by one and disabled them to see if that was the problem. I closed down TDS and all seemed to run fine. I started back up and the errors started popping up. I finally saw this in the Process Guard log:

[EXECUTION] Commandline - [ "c:\program files\tds3\ext.sys\execprot.exe" tds|tdsdll-test:c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe ]
    Fri 01 - 00:03:04 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe" was allowed to run

So I decided to shut down ExecProtection and all seems to be fine now. Any thoughts on what is going on? Is this a common problem? Any reasons why this is causing it, or do you think it might be something else.

It's usually just my luck that I post something and everything goes wrong again, but I will keep surfing and post as soon as I get the error again. As for now, I'll keep execprotection off.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    could you put the firefox exe on an allowed list?
    And are you sure the file is original and not tampered with?
    I'm not all sure what's happening, maybe execprot needs allowance?
    Is it only happening with firefox and on all sites or only special sites?

3. TylerGred

All sites.

Both IE and Firefox.

Haven't put it on the allow list and not sure how.

4. TylerGred

Also as far as I Know, my computer it completely clean.

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

All ExecProt did was check the file, and it was allowed to run. Shouldn't do anything, but try disabling Execution Protection in TDS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.