I STILL NEED HELP burning a DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by asperation, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asperation

asperation Registered Member

:rolleyes: Hi again everyone, I still need help burning a DVD on my laptop, with the newest update TI 10 home, the burn stops about 5 minutes after starting giving me the error 00040003 (if my memory serves me) telling me the problem could be poor quality media.(but it could also be the air between my ears):doubt: . I have tried several name brands, and burners also. The same burner and media works perfectly on a desktop PC.

I did get some good advise yesterday, about burning an image to an external hard drive. However I do need to put the backup (image of C drive) on a DVD just like a restore disk of yesteryear. This is precisely why I bought True Image. Someone must have solved this before. Please help

Thank you in advance, .... jimmy
    BTW... I am a mear novice that can change out hardward, no A+ or anything like that.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I take it then that the burner is a usb type, since you can hook it up to the desktop. Only question I can think of is, is the usb port on the laptop version 1 or 2? If it is 1, then that may be the problem.

3. asperation

Hello again DwnNdrty and again thank you, yes I have used both USB 1.1 AND USB 2.0 and I instaled an internal DVD burner, all 3 net the same results. Now DwnNdrty like I said the same items work great on the desktop, first time. I feel sure there must be something I am doing wrong.

Hey, thanks again...........jimmy:'(

4. asperation

o_O Just a note to all, I can install G***9.0 and it will burn the image to a DVD no sweat but when you boot to the DVD and go though all the motions to restore to a new hard drive it will not boot as in it is not active.............Thank you ... jimmy

Yea I know, STRANGEo_O

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Use the two step process. Create the backup image to an external hard drive and during the process select manual options. Select Archive splitting and select the size you want. 1492MB will allow 3 files on a DVD. Then use Nero or your choice to burn to DVD. You may want to open a support issue also.

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  6. asperation

:) And thank you too thomasjk, I have yet to give it a try, your way, time permitting I will get there soon.

:) I just burned a restore DVD disk with TI, using a 1.1 USB external drive (SMOOTH). Only change to C drive was fact that I removed G**** 2003 and installed G**** version 9.0 and did burn a DVD on an external USB 1.1, just for S & G's. Then I gave TI a shot at it again, worked perfectly this time. Go figure..........Is it possible that 9.0 on the C drive instead of 2003 could have made a difference? After many tries and reinstalls it finally worked. I tried with only TI then updated TI on the drive, I tried with G**** 2003, and then with version 9.0 ... that is 4 scenario's

This is what really gets me, TI worked perfectly the first try on a desktop, right out of the box (no upgrade needed). I never read any instructions. Then it took lots of help from forum members and two days to do the same on a laptop. Is it me?

To all, I thank you again for your help. I will work on the other methods of saving back an image of a hard drive. I am very pleased with True Image, it is my choice already for making a true restore disk...............:thumb: ....later...jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.