I still have no upgraded to version 3.0, am I crazy?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Matt_Smi, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Yeah so I am still running version 2.70, I have not been obsessing about my security lately, but I did find out that version 3.0 was out, so I installed in on a test machine and I am not too fond of the new simple interface (maybe there is a way to go back to the old style?). Is 3.0 much better in terms of protection? I will upgrade eventually but 2.70 has just been working so good for me that I hate to pull it out. Have there been many problems do a clean un-install then re-install of the software? I will do some reading around here since I have not been visiting the forums in a while, but is anyone else still running 2.70?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You can enable advanced settings on 3.0. I also hear it scans a little faster than 2.70. I believe Blackspear has a 3.0 tutorial sticky. I am still running 2.70 myself.

3. curiousmicrobe

curiousmicrobe Registered Member

I'm on the trial of ESS V3 and it's perfect.
    But it's really your choice what you want to do.

4. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Still on 2.7 myself.......may just move to 3 when I renew in a couple of weeks.

Anyone know if another build is due out on 3 sometime soon?

5. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

IN v3 I Like These Things
    1.Improved Cleaning(strict cleaning)
    2.Background Scanning Mode
    3.Smaller Update Files(Very Small 10kb to 20kb)
    4.Popular EMail Client Protection(Windows Mail)
    5.Very Beautifull GUI

6. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I'm still on 2.7 as well and find 2.7 to be faster and working without any issues which is not the case for 3.0....at least for me. Used WinXP for a long time and now on Vista still using 2.7 without problems. I probably tried all 3.0 releases so far and found them all to have some issues and couldn't see any enhancements. If a fancy GUI is important which seems to be very important to a lot of people you might find 3.0 to look better even if i personally like the GUI of 2.7 better.
    The only difference i found using 3.0 is a bit higher memory usage, a new GUI that is slower and smaller updates which is a no issue for me since i'm always connected to a fast internet connection anyway. The updates is small using 2.7 as well compared to most other AV software. According to the rules the cleaning should be better using 3.0, but i never really been infected so not been able to test the cleaning using either version. I also strongly dislike the new command line in 3.0 which is now a separate dos program. Using 2.7 you could use command line with a windows GUI for the scanning.

7. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

I upgraded my PC (from labtop to old vintage PC) from 2.7 to 3.0, french release of NOD32 Antivirus.

I can confirm that :
    - V3.0 is faster than v2.7
    - Upgrade process is faster too, due to little size files to download
    - Interface is very beautifull even if, at first time, we can be a little disappointed with the new menu (but you can chose to keep 2.7 like interface with 3.0)
    - Better integration with pop and http clients
    - new realtime engine based on proxy feature
    - some interesting feature disappeared : little window with progress indicator and transfer rate that was very usefull while downloading mail attachement...
    - some minor changes and improvements must be done but...

To my experience I never had any problem with both 2.7 and 3.0 but I spend time to verify my PC health (cleaning files and registry, event logs analysing etc...) NOD32 is a very fast and powerfull antivirus speaking of either v2.7 or v3.0

:thumb:

8. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

new 3.0.621 is practicly buggless and next weak .64x is coming up. just wait for that. there s also a new way of filtering internet data, safer and with new heuristic engine (static i believe its the name). when 3.0.64x shows up i advise u to give it a try.

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I installed 3.0 twice and had to go back to 2.7 each time due to high cpu use etc. Just prior to the upgrade I renewed my subscription for 2 years, so I'm going to stay with 2.7 until I see an update I can use with no bugs. I have time on my side. I am confident they will be supporting 2.7 for a long time. :)

10. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Same here. 2.7 is solid and still top quality so there is no rush. I shall let others be the guinea pigs!

11. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Have to say that the latest build 3.0.642 is running very sweetly here. ;)

12. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Glad to hear that. Can you tell me what improvements were made in 3.0.624 over 3.0.621? I am particularly interested in CPU usage (was 99%):)

13. BerserkerPup

BerserkerPup Registered Member

Still sticking with 2.7 here also. Tried the 3.0 versions a couple of times and 2.7 still seemed to run smoother on my setup. I'm not in the mood to play around with it anymore, so I suppose I'll stay with 2.7 for the foreseeable future.

14. piranha

piranha Registered Member

I tried v3 too and go back to 2.7 each time and now stick there for a while. V3 could be better for some points but v2.7 is so perfect, no bugs, self-protect, didnt slow my old pc and internet as v3 do, cpu usage bug is weird......:blink:

May be i will try french version or 642 when available. Not sure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.