I really am liking Kaspersky

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I bought it but the stories we all know about had left me with it on than off. I finally after the Nod32 ( what I had run on the laptop last 2 year) version 3 didn't work for me loaded KISS up and find I really like this program and all the extra benefits. It has it all , I'm certainly more than glad I tried it again, fast or faster than A veryy deep well thought out program than Nod & I feel more protected, FWIW I did do the chkdsk & no problems...Tip of the hat to Kav...

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I put KIS on my Vista desktop and could not be happier- no more software searches to look for HIPS, realtime spyware protection programs, firewall, etc, etc. I have some on-demand spyware scanners and that is about it. If OA was Vista compatible I might be tempted to try that but I am happy with KIS for now.

Also have a NOD license I decided to put on a laptop I recently acquired. And now I am back to the HIPS, realtime as, firewall searches all over again for it. Never thought I would say it but I'll actually be happy to see that NOD license expire.

3. TJP

TJP Registered Member

[FONT=&quot]Good to read a positive post about Kaspersky.

I found myself in the same situation as you larryb52 - looking for an alternative antivirus after being totally under whelmed by Nod32 version 3 & all its niggling issues (after 1.5 years of zero troubles with version 2 :thumb:). With Kaspersky UK offering such a bargain price on KIS, I just couldn't say no ;)

KIS is such a great program, I am very happy to have made the switch.

For me, the check disk issue has been blown out of proportion. Sadly, this "error" can & does happen to a small minority of users but not in the F.U.D increasing proportions you tend to read about in forums.

Cheers.

[/FONT]

4. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

Hello larryb52

Welcome to the kaspersky club :D :D :D :D :D :D

You tried the rest and now settled for the best lol

kaspersky has been running like a champ for ages now,

I am really happy you like it and i too got that impression when i tried it i felt more secure :ninja: :ninja:

i had nod and i felt it was over hyped

all the best

:thumb: :thumb:

5. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Welcome people, good to hear some happy people here

6. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

I tried KAV before NOD32 but that blinking "K" bothered me.

7. larryb52

very pleased & when you dig down into the program you find a lot of options & adjustments that helps a more experienced user give that ' it's to my liking feel' & to new folks it works fine out of the box but this is a tight well thought out program that has actually what I like more frequent updates. I think that is important today. I can't say enogh good things...

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

you can turn off the blinking k

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 has real-time antispyware protection . With KIS all you need to look for is advanced heuristics

10. larryb52

Nod v3 is broke a no performance issue so that feature is worthless than isn't it...

11. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

NOD32 is not broke. Where did you get that from? Sure version 3.0 has bugs. Thats why most of us are using 2.7 which was voted #1 by AV Comparatives.

12. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Got the ProactiveDefense (Behaviour blocker) which some consider to be a sort-of substitute... both methode have their + and - :)

13. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

HiTech_boy

yeah sure eset do well n proactive tests but in real life is a joke. i got bored of making excuses for it,

Kaspersky is what eset wished it was,

You carry on with your head in the clouds like i used to be eset, Im not bashing i am giving my personal experience i used to use it,

14. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

Folks,

We're simply not going down the KL vs. Eset road. Thread closed.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.