i/o device error - windows error number 1117

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by beethoven, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I was happily using FdISR 3.31.232 and Shadowprotect desktop version - no issues in the past.

Today I wanted to test a new set-up involving the SP Image Manager in order to do incrementals. When setting up the schedule with SP Image Manager I noticed that I had never installed this component before, only using SP Desktop. During the installation I was asked to install MS .Net Framework and I agreed.

Silly me, for once I was lazy and did not update my archive prior to doing all of this. The installation went ahead and I did not notice any problem. I am now getting a MS update notification that .Net Framework 3.5 should be installed. This time trying to be careful I intended to update my archive but each time it ends with errors - no difference when updating the existing archive or creating a new archive.
    I could go back to an earlier snapshot (two weeks old) - not too much of a deal as almost all data is on another drive. Still, before doing so, is there a better solution? I will try a reboot and/or install the outstanding .net Framework and see what happens then.

I vaguely remember that years ago someone mentioned mbr issues but I thought this was all solved and that the two program live happily together.
    I just noticed that my scheduled incremental imaging was actually already running today - I thought I had set this up to only start tomorrow but looking at explorer I can see a number of .spi files being created in 30min intervals as per schedule. Do I need to fully disable SP for FdISR to update an archive?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Strange, but the answer to your last question is no. Based on the newsletter that Fred Langa started, I have not allowed windows to install the new service pack for Net Framework 3.5

Pete

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Pete,

I did not have any .Net on this particular pc before but when I wanted to install the image manager, SP "suggested" to install .Net Frame 2.0. So I assumed that this was necessary to run the image manager. The current problem is not due to 3.5 which at this point is not yet installed.

Just as an update - after the last incremental for the day was done and SP went into "hibernation" until tomorrow, I just tried once more to create a new archive - this time no errors.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Ah computer mysteries. Sometimes the best solution is wait a day and try again. Go figure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.