I/O device error (0xFFF0) in both TI 10 & 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by s0uthpaw, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s0uthpaw

s0uthpaw Registered Member

I have encountered repeated problems with both TI 10 & 11 (trial) when backing up to external USB HDs, on a number of different PCs.

At about 60% of a large backup, I get:

Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Users\conor\Videos'.
    Error writing the file. (0x40003)
    function = "WriteFileNoCache"
    Tag = 0x7CEB2CDC9FB12189
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error (0xFFF0)
    code = 8007045D)
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF: Retry/Ignore/Cancel

This has happened on both XP and Vista PCs, using 2 different USB hard drives. There is no problem if backing up to a local HD.

I have also experienced this error backing up across a wireless network, which I attributed to a dropped connection, but an external HD?

I have attempted splitting the Archives into 700Mb segments, but it made no difference.

This is driving me mad - if it wasn't for Retrospect, I wouldn't have any successful backups. Still, I like the feel of TrueImage, and would dearly like to get it working.

Any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello s0uthpaw,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image Home uses stream data transferring method to save data to a backup archive file, so if you create a backup on an external drive or to a network share it is necessary for the product to keep the specified data transfer speed which can be limited by maximum USB bus transfer rate/network connection speed, otherwise backup creation process may be interrupted with an error.

In this case we recommend you to use the new feature of Acronis True Image 11 Home and manually decrease the hard disk drive writing speed. Please run Acronis True Image 11 Home, open Tools -> Options... -> Default backup options -> Backup performance -> HDD writing speed and try decreasing the writing speed. You can also decrease the Network connection speed at the Default backup options -> Backup performance.

Please feel free to contact us again any time should you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

3. Oldfirefox

Oldfirefox Registered Member

By way of a follow up question.

Have you had any luck in resolving this problem, if so how did you over it as I have the exact same problem. I have slowed down the write speed (as recommended) to minimum but this did not work.

4. steandric

steandric Registered Member

I have this same problem and others, as follows:

- Failed to write data to the archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality.
    - Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated. Write error (0x70004)
    Tag = 0x9D2DE1F088CBC4D3
    - Error writing the file. (0x40003)
    function = "WriteFileNoCache"
    Tag = 0x7CEB2CDC9FB12169
    - The system cannot write to the specified device (0xFFF0)
    code = 8007001D)
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF

it appears that all acronis technical support advices seen here were NOT followed up by the original posters to indicate whether the problems had been solved one way or the other with ATI technical help. i begin to wonder if everything is just a hoax.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Oldfirefox and steandric,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window. The latest build of a trial version is available here.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, and the method described by Alexey Bogomolov doesn't help, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep all drives in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Marty1024

Marty1024 Registered Member

Same problem here - even with the latest build.

Backing up to a USB drive shouldn't be so difficult. And getting involved with technical support during a trial is a bit too much to ask.

s0uthpaw, Oldfirefox, steandric, any luck yet?

7. homesizzle

homesizzle Registered Member

I got the same problem...

Any chance you get an error in the title called....

E0007004 Failed to write data to the archive file.

Also, any chance you guys have more than 1 partition on the external hard drive?.... just a guess, but there may be no cache on the external hard drive causing the errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.